Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 01:52 PM

104 posts, read 376,415 times

Advertisements

Si'.

Life there is....slow. It's starts out slow and tapers off.... Hang around a while and you'll get the big picture. Then if you still like it you can look into a home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 10:19 PM

2 posts, read 10,680 times
Default El Dorado Estates Deming MN

I see some of the forum participents would like to own more property in El Dorado Estates. I know a church in Tucson, AZ that was donated a few lots and is looking to get rid of them so as not to have to keep paying the taxes. If there is interest, I can give you the contacts needed to make an offer.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:20 PM

2 posts, read 10,680 times
I see some of the forum participents would like to own more property in El Dorado Estates. I know a church in Tucson, AZ that was donated a few lots and is looking to get rid of them so as not to have to keep paying the taxes. If there is interest, I can give you the contacts needed to make an offer.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:08 PM

6 posts, read 56,329 times
I just found this forum and am glad i did. I currently live in Nashville, TN but i own 5 acres and a house up in the Florida Gap just Southeast of Deming. I've been visiting there for about 6 years and totally love the people, cost of living and climate. Yes, it's windy and dry (It's desert for Pete's sake) but we love it and plan to retire there next year. I understand the 2 acre ordinance because my well (456 ft.) is going dry and I may have to dig a lot deeper to get water. I'm not happy about that but I'll deal with it.

As a side note I would like to buy one more lot that joins the one my house is on so if anyone knows who owns lot 26, unit 7, block 8, I'll make an offer.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:59 PM

5 posts, read 36,460 times
From what I see, the teaching positions are quite plentiful and pay well. Country Club Estates is ok, depending on your privacy tolerance. If you want more info, try Home - The Deming Headlight , the local news rag. If you're an English teacher, or know any English at all, you can make a game out of counting the typos. If you speak Spanish though, you will make out much better in Deming in the long run. Be sure to plan on a trip to Palomas, MX to The Pink Store and try the food. Good luck, I miss it mucho. And Solid is right, it starts out
s
l
o
w
l
y

Old 08-13-2008, 10:05 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgal53 View Post
I'm looking for recent info on Deming, NM. My husband and I are in the baby boomer range. He's retired, I'm not. Will be looking for a job. I'm a teacher, but would be open to other occupations. What about about Country Club Estates? Any info? How about relocation- is it easy to assimilate to Deming?
Well, Country Club Estates sounds pretty lah-de-dah to me, so this may not be of interest, but there are a lot of TAX SALES there for property that older folks have purchased and croaked out before they had a chance to build on it. Heirs aren't interested and let it go for the taxes. I'd sure check with the County Tax Assessor's office before plunking down a mighty sum for a view of the fairway.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-29-2008, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 5,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFoggy View Post
I am considering a move to Deming and need some information. I would like to know if there is a large gang/crime/drug/problem??? I read the blogs from luvdeming but would like other opinions. The smallness of a place nor run down houses scare me. Is the medical good quality? How about finding a place to live? Are there many available?? Prefer to rent until get to know community. Do the families who have children think the education is of high quality.I know there is a JROTC program in the high school, how does the community feel about that?? Love to hear from someone.

hey....
deming is a wonderful place!! let me tell you! The jrotc program at the deming high school is awesome! I should know cause i have been in here for 2 years! (its army jrotc!) we have a wonderful Lieutenant Colonel (Tim Timmons) and a wonderful Sergeant First Class (Anthony Ramirez)! the comunity thanks us alot for helping them! We dont have any gangs in deming! well not real ones at least there all mainly wanna bs! lol....we have housing that is from 5000 to 50000....we have the same drug problem as any other comunity in the united states! I think uyou would really like it here!

Old 08-30-2008, 01:41 PM

5 posts, read 36,460 times
Sorry to all of the Deming-bashers, but I lived there for 2 years and found the place wonderful, charming, temperate and friendly. People have to realize this IS the desert and a very small town but if you want the green chile, Florida Mts. (I had the best view of Dragon Ridge in the county) and the slow and easy pace along with the convenience and fun of Palomas shopping this is the best place in the USA. I moved out of necessity and miss my home every day. I would move back in a second if I could!

Old 08-31-2008, 08:59 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcrazymary View Post
Sorry to all of the Deming-bashers, but I lived there for 2 years and found the place wonderful, charming, temperate and friendly. People have to realize this IS the desert and a very small town but if you want the green chile, Florida Mts. (I had the best view of Dragon Ridge in the county) and the slow and easy pace along with the convenience and fun of Palomas shopping this is the best place in the USA. I moved out of necessity and miss my home every day. I would move back in a second if I could!
I gave you reps of your photo Crazymary....as you look like you're having a blast in it . Your Irish??

6/3

Old 09-25-2008, 04:49 PM

1 posts, read 5,282 times
Question Want to know more about Deming NM.

I am looking to move from Maryland. I am an RN and will be working in the long term care facilities.
I dont mind that there is nothing to do in town as long as I can find things to do on the weekends in other towns.
My biggest concern are the reports of high crime and gangs.
I am also concern that there may be a lot of racism against me as a white per and a jewish person. It sounds like i will be the only jew in town.
I have not visited yet but do hope to get there this weekend.
If anyone has any advice on:
1 Where the nearest jewish community is
2 Where can i find affordable ($600/mo or less) apartments in low crime areas
3 Where can I find exciting outdoor adventures like sky diving and water sports (i dont care for hunting nor watching sports)
4 Where can I find shopping for unusual and antique items.
5 Where is the nearest beaches
I realize requests 3 4 and 5 may require several hours of driving. That is ok as they will be weekend activities.
I am hoping to find a jewish community not too far though.

Last edited by groppoe; 09-25-2008 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: accidentally submitted before completing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico