Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 7,765 times

Advertisements

Is the purchaser of the properties responsible for the back taxes and assessments, and are there any current homes on this land?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 16,394 times
So does this mean that if you have a 1/4 acre lot that you can't build because you have to have at least 1 acre for septic? What would be the purpose then of people purchasing 1/4 acre lots?

Old 09-11-2007, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 16,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey View Post
The lots closer to the hiway are priced higher as utilities, etc. are available. Some places have generators for their power as it is expensive to run power to the further lots. I have a friend who bought lots (1/4acre size) for $800 to $1800 each. I believe you have to have 1 acre for septic (check with the New Mexico State Engineer's Office) and new wells have to be registered with the State so they can monitor your water consumption. Some lots stay on the market for over a year; others sell within 6 months. You can also go to Valley Improvement Association - New Mexico or com. That's the Valley Improvement Agency, they have a lot of info on the area and covenants, etc. Habitat for Humanity has built homes ther but new home builders are also coming in and putting in nice homes in the area. The closer to the river/Hiway 47 area, the better your selling price can be.
Lacey,

--"The closer to the river/Hiway 47 area, the better your selling price can be."

Did your really mean Hiway 47 or Interstate 25? I am hoping that you did since my lots are near H47.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:45 PM

1 posts, read 16,221 times
Does anyone have any plat maps of Rio Del Oro or pictures of the area. Trying to find info on the area. Thank you Rose Bud

Old 09-26-2007, 09:35 AM

6 posts, read 36,595 times
Default I might buy one

Hi.. I'm looking for a lot in NM. I'll need to live there, so it'll have to have utilities, etc.. Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by teakabelle View Post
I posted this question at the end of a long thread related to Rio Del Oro, but never heard a reply, so suspect the locals moved on to reading other threads and didn't see my post. Therefore, I am going to start a fresh one.

I am trying to research the Rio Del Oro subdivision. My grandparents bought 6 parcels there a very long time ago and now my grandmother needs to sell them to continue funding her retirement (she turns 95 next month!).

I was hoping to determine a fair market value for the lots (2 contiguous lots near the base of the mountains and 4 contiguous lots near the western side and freeway). I was also curious to know how long it takes for lots to sell in this area, as I noticed there were a lot of them for sale on the internet with values ranging from $5,000 per lot to $10,000 per lot.

I also heard that you needed 3/4 acre to build, but only 1/2 acre for septic/well. How far into the subdivision has the City/County brought the electric/gas utilities?

Any help would be greatly appreciated by my grandmother and our family. I will most likely need to put her lots up for sale in the next few weeks.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:34 PM

35 posts, read 134,725 times
I took a road trip out to Rio del Oro today just see what it is all about. It's a vast expanse of sagebrush land east of the Rio Grande that stretches towards the mountains. There is no new development going on that I could see other than some Habitat for Humanity stuff closer to town. There is a reason they sell these lots sight unseen on Ebay.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:32 PM

21 posts, read 162,611 times
Default gs2offroad's update

gs2offroad,

Thanks for the update. I would hope that nobody has bought land hoping to build in the next 10 years or so. I honestly think in about 8-10 years it will be getting developed pretty well......much more money is waiting to be made in the stock market or other select areas but if you want land cheap to live on in about 10 years buy it as lost to the interstate here that you can.

Good luck.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 7,496 times
I'm going to buy some land in Rio Del Oro pretty soon. I'm going to take a trip over there on Saturday to see whats there. Seems like It would be hard to go wrong, a 1/4 acre lot goes for about $250 on eBay. The population in general is only going to go up, so surely it will be worth something in the distant future. That, and i want to be able to say I own land! haha.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 8,983 times
Go to Google Maps select satellite view, then type in Belen,NM. Then, move the 'green' arrow above belen to the lower left spot of the screen. Most of the right 2/3 of screen is Rio Del Oro. If you open another instance of your browser and type in the link below, you will see a detailed drawing of the area broken up into 5 sections that show the units/blocks/lots. [url=http://www.v-i-a.org/AreaMap.html]Valley Improvement Association - New Mexico[/url] Hope this will help One2busy

Old 03-08-2008, 08:07 PM

35 posts, read 134,725 times
Bad page

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 09-21-2014 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: Infection URL:Mal Infection blocked
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico