Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 05:34 PM

2 posts, read 12,710 times

Advertisements

My parents also bought land in Rio Del Oro 30+ years ago. Beware of companies that call trying to market the land for you, for a fee of $500-$750. They claim to have interested buyers willing to pay over $20,000 per lot. They will send you a contract and information AFTER you pay their fee. The marketing deal is only good for 90 days and when it ends the company and your money are gone forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 10:55 PM

1 posts, read 5,453 times
Default Rio Del Oro

My Brother and I own 8 parcels in Rio Del Oro. We have had them for years and are finally going to visit. I appreciate the information on these posts.

Does anyone feel that more development is going on in that area?

Old 08-25-2008, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 5,411 times
Can anyone tell me who I should contact in this area if I want to donate LOT 14 & 15, BLK 54 RIO DEL ORO and these two lots off of our financial books.

Thank you,
Tyler

Old 08-25-2008, 12:06 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey View Post
The lots in Rio del Oro are marketed from $1500 acre to $17,500 per acre depending on where they are located. Actual figures on lots sold vary from $800 to $4000, once again depending on where they are. Rio del Oro is a very large chunk of land located between Belen and Los Lunas, east toward the Manzano Mountains. There are some homes going up in the area but the roads are mostly undeveloped. Some lots have services9power and gas) and some don't. You need to have at least one acre to have a septic tank and the well has to be a certain distance away from the septic. You can drill wells, and it is cheaper do drill in Rio del Oro than it is in the East Mountains. Some parts are zoned for homes, some for manufactured homes, commercial, townhomes,etc. you need to contact V-I-A.org for more information. Lots tend to sit on the market a long time.....Prices will depend on which Unit they are located in.
sorry, depending on where they are in Rio Del Oro, most are not worth anything more than the amount of your taxes on them yearly. How do we know? We own 3, and just moved from Rio Communities a few months ago. Most have no water acess, are in the middle of nowhere and people are not even paying their taxes on them anymore. This is one of the reasons Valencia county is so broke. Those that do have some value are mostly near the Valencia campus of UNM>

Yes, VIA may be of some help, but dont' expect much. The good news: at the rate NM is growing someday these lots will be worth something.

Nita

Old 08-25-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylernguyen View Post
Can anyone tell me who I should contact in this area if I want to donate LOT 14 & 15, BLK 54 RIO DEL ORO and these two lots off of our financial books.

Thank you,
Tyler
Tyler, even that is a tough one: our church in Rio Communities actually turned down some that were offered. They didn't want to pay taxes on lots that were totally useless. Lets face it, many of us got taken for a ride 30 or 40 years ago. The interesting thing: Rio Rancho was a product of the company that sold us Rio Del Oro, Rio Ranco is probably the fastest growning area in NM.

Nita

Old 09-10-2008, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 5,346 times
The County told me you need 3/4 of an acre right now to be able to do a well in Valencia County, the whole county.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 5,287 times
Did you get information about how to get the lots off your books, my brother and I own two lots and would like to get rid of them? Thanks for all the information in the forum.

Quote:

Thank you,
Tyler

Old 09-22-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGTX View Post
Did you get information about how to get the lots off your books, my brother and I own two lots and would like to get rid of them? Thanks for all the information in the forum.
We have 3 lots, same situation. I really don't think right now there is an answer. Look at it this way, they are only costing you a few bucks a year (a little more) and who knows, 50 years from now your grandkids or great grandkids may be able to sell them and become rich?????

Old 11-27-2008, 03:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,824 times
Default Lots in Rio Del Oro, NM

Quote:

Thank you,
Tyler
My wife and I visitied this area twice this past year. Althought most people don't like to live this far out in the country, we do like to out in the country like this.
I have recently accepted a position as a police officer in the local area and we would be very interested in these pieces of property.
How big are the lots and what is there GPS location?

Ed & Tracie

Old 12-20-2008, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 5,807 times
I just got a letter from valencia county treasurer that the land has been handed over to via for non payment of association fees which i did not know existed. This land was given to us on the death of my inlaws and we kept paying the taxes so i want the money back from via since they took the land. How do they get away with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico