Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2024, 09:44 AM

6 posts, read 5,534 times

Advertisements

been looking at Tyrone near Silver city,, I do like the houses i se for sale, would like some info on Tyrone, crime rate? likes or dislikes , nice place to retire? etc, thanks,,Vic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2024, 10:51 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
I personally love the physical surroundings around Silver City, probably my favorite in the state. Silver City, itself, however, is depressed, and it really shouldn't be. I don't think Tyrone has any crime issues as it is far enough away from the downtrodden areas of Silver City to suffer from this. I say this because I was just involved in an appraisal on a property about 6 miles north of downtown Silver City, and the owner told me she keeps her doors open by default, and has never had a need to lock them. I found that incredibly refreshing. The home was on Fawn Trail, just off of Little Walnut Road. That area was like God's country.

Old 03-23-2024, 03:50 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,381,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I personally love the physical surroundings around Silver City, probably my favorite in the state. Silver City, itself, however, is depressed, and it really shouldn't be. I don't think Tyrone has any crime issues as it is far enough away from the downtrodden areas of Silver City to suffer from this. I say this because I was just involved in an appraisal on a property about 6 miles north of downtown Silver City, and the owner told me she keeps her doors open by default, and has never had a need to lock them. I found that incredibly refreshing. The home was on Fawn Trail, just off of Little Walnut Road. That area was like God's country.
Little Walnut Road is a nice area but I would still lock my doors. Some high school friends moved back to Silver a few years ago and lived in Pinos Altos, another nice area several miles from Silver City. Their home got burglarized twice in two years. Of course Pinos Altos is a more rural area that may make it a target for burglaries when residents are not at home.

Tyrone was a company town built for Phelps Dodge Mine workers in the 1960s about 8 miles from Silver City on the road to Lordsburg. Houses are very basic and I do not remember the area being that scenic. More of a subdivision vibe. The areas north of Hwy 180 towards the mountains (Pinos Altos Road, Little Walnut, Cottage San Road) are more attractive but usually more expensive. Sorry I cannot be more helpful as have not lived there for 50 years.

Last edited by ABQ2015; 03-23-2024 at 04:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico