Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2017, 05:08 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,158,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
California and the west coast are probably the only places in the country you really find that.
I would think Florida and the Rio Grande Valley would be similar choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 05:29 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
I would think Florida and the Rio Grande Valley would be similar choices.
Indeed they would. Anywhere it doesn't freeze, like my brain did when I said only cali.

Old 02-10-2020, 09:36 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by threecats407 View Post
The Outer Limits "Cry of Silence" Revenge of the tumbleweeds!
[IMG]THE OUTER LIMITS: ... Cry Of Silence by DogByte6RER, on Flickr[/IMG]
Video, 34 seconds of that video, The Outer Limits - Cry of Silence - Tumbleweed Attack Scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PU-qpdyPRE

Old 02-23-2020, 11:18 AM

5 posts, read 7,314 times
Originally I lived in Hawaii on Big Island, the Volcano blew up on my street, I was living in my car with my dog, FEMA paid me to move as far as Nevada, been here 2 years. I live in Las Vegas Nevada, bought a Townhome in 2019 and I am not happy here. I am thinking about renting my place out and traveling a bit to find a quieter place to live in. I like Ruidoso, Timberon, Pinion and Cloudcroft. I am an artist, metal fabricator and retiree from the Military. Yes I know I am too young to be retired, but my husband passed away in 2007 and I am surviving by myself. I am a country girl at heart, like seeing stars at night, peace and quiet, little traffic and people, just a simple life. I am not used the garbage trucks noise, the school bus that honks the horn M-F for one child...I live on top of 2 garage doors that open and close day and night, barking dogs and noisy, screaming, hormonal teenagers...ugh, yes I sound like an old crotchety B!$%#. So does anyone else have any ideas? I figure after 2 years of renting I could sell my place, previous owner moved because of his job after 2 years also. I am 10 minutes from the new Raiders Stadium....your thoughts?

Old 09-24-2020, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,489 times
Default What is it about New Mexico that is calling to us older 'creative' peeps?

No, you don't sound like a crochety old #!?+0! If I lived in Las Vegas or near I'd want to move too.
Why am I seeing so many of us wanting to move to New Mexico? Originally from El Paso I live in rural Oklahoma, I own land on the Red River.
Even tho it's quite secluded I dream of living in Cloudcroft or even Ruidosa. Understandable since I've lived in Ruidosa for a year way back when and visited Cloudcroft on camping trips many times but you are from Hawaii? Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with that. I'm making no judgements here I'm just wondering what it is that keeps this area which I have not been to in 20 or more years tugging at my brain?

Old 05-17-2023, 01:32 PM

975 posts, read 533,657 times
I just joined this forum. I live in Albuquerque. Grew up in this area and am back for the 3rd or 4th time after joining the army in the 70's, living in Virginia for a while, lived in Midland, TX for 3 years, then moved back to Texas 15 years later, Dallas area, then in 2012 moved back to take care of my mother. I am here for good (except traveling to visit other places).

Did you all that were talking about moving to the Cloudcroft/Ruidosa area ever move?

Old 07-30-2023, 11:44 AM

975 posts, read 533,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat56 View Post
I just joined this forum. I live in Albuquerque. Grew up in this area and am back for the 3rd or 4th time after joining the army in the 70's, living in Virginia for a while, lived in Midland, TX for 3 years, then moved back to Texas 15 years later, Dallas area, then in 2012 moved back to take care of my mother. I am here for good (except traveling to visit other places).

Did you all that were talking about moving to the Cloudcroft/Ruidosa area ever move?
Oh dear. I can't believe I misspelled Ruidoso!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico