Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 12:13 PM

717 posts, read 1,951,107 times

Advertisements

No, missed that dude. Had grinds at the Pacific Grill and really was surprised by the excellent Mahi dinner! Nice, warm weather and superb roadways made this sojourn memorable...as is often the case, even in Winter. We buried my Fazoo cat on his very own pyramid, replete with Native American God figurines to bracket him. We bought these figures from the "Trader", an antique/curio/bric-a-brac dealer about a block from the "over the top" Dukatt (who also lightened my wallet and bent my ear). The trader fella, don't know his name, has his digs/business for sale at around 260k I think. What a disturbing and angry fella that guy is! Poorly written neo-con literature strewn everywhere, Fox News blaring away, Hannity, O' Rielly, Ann C. propaganda nearly falling on the customer!!! The guy was so angry at the Obama phenom the rage fairly rolls off him...it's palpable! He didn't move his face four inches from the blathering talking head on Fox the entire time we were in his store.......that dude is dangerous. I hope he is on some sort of anger management therapy. I'm sure you know who I'm describing; I'll be giving him a wide birth in the future. In stark contrast, Celestial Creations was a joy! Beautiful fixtures, goods and attitude. Love that place. Second Hand Rose is fun too. The manager is a former Maui Hana hippie who has left the land of pakalolo and wind surfing for the dry desert and twisted sisters of TorC. Very funny. This attractive and pleasant middle aged lady regaled us with Maui and NM tales and how she once "received money" from Olinda, Makawao and Paia residents....gee, I wonder how and why she was receiving that money

SO MANY interesting and amusing personalities! TorC could be a gold mine for a young psych grad student looking into aberrant behavior patterns for a thesis!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 01:02 PM

775 posts, read 2,582,292 times
Default Truth Or Consequences and Socorro

Hotsprings was the name of T or C. because of the TV program it was changed to Truth or Consequences. Has anyone ever been to any of the Hotsprings there no one talks about them? >>>> Socorro is famous for Elfego Baca a Disney Movie was made of this famous Lawman and Lawyer. Socorro is still a little more Wild of a Town then T or C. el pintada kid

Old 01-19-2009, 01:29 PM

5 posts, read 10,773 times
We finally have my Mom's house in T or C on the market. We had a new roof put on last Summer and inside repainted, floors polished, carpets cleaned, etc. Now it's ready to sell. It is a beautiful older home, remodeled around 1987-90ish? two story, main living on lower floor, large master bedroom on lower floor, floors are hardwood, carpet. Old Santa Fe style and character. Mom lived there for about 25 years. Well cared for. Has a big beautiful screened in porch with doors opening onto it from the master bedroom, kitchen and living room! Upstairs has a big room and a smaller room, an outside entrance.....great guest room or studio/library? with lots of windows. Also has a large shop in the back. If you love ambiance, old santa fe style, a home with character instead of from a cookie cutter, this is the place! Only $99,000.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:00 PM

10 posts, read 32,131 times
Default T or C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
Hotsprings was the name of T or C. because of the TV program it was changed to Truth or Consequences. Has anyone ever been to any of the Hotsprings there no one talks about them? >>>> Socorro is famous for Elfego Baca a Disney Movie was made of this famous Lawman and Lawyer. Socorro is still a little more Wild of a Town then T or C. el pintada kid
Let me correct you just slightly. Our name change was due to the Radio Show, which offered any city in the United States to change their name to Truth or Consequences, and they would host an annual event honoring this change. We won the contest and that is how we got our name.
The hotsprings here are awesome. I have and continue to visit several of the hotsprings.
[MOD EDIT - Advertising and self promotion not permitted per TOS]

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 04-12-2009 at 06:02 PM..

Old 01-19-2009, 02:52 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,542,407 times
You might want to change your message as you've posted this same message in many threads as that's considered spam and City Data could ban you for that.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 04-12-2009 at 06:07 PM..

Old 01-19-2009, 03:07 PM

Default Thank you

I am new at this, Thank you for your insight and help

Old 01-19-2009, 03:14 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,542,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoare'al View Post
I am new at this, Thank you for your insight and help
No problem cocoare.....i do hope your business and Tor C do well .

Old 01-19-2009, 04:19 PM

Default Business for Cocoa Re'al

Our business will be a success thanks to people like you!!!

Old 01-19-2009, 04:28 PM

cocoa whatever...lose the SPAM or post elsewhere.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:39 PM

Great idea 6'3"! I'd start with Northern NM, however. Las Vegas is quite a gem. We stayed a night @ Inn On The Santa F Trail. Great little simple rooms with huge pillows and classic NM furnishings. The place has a "mini plaza" with a fine restaurant serving varied cuisine. Interesting college kids and locals dine there. The town is cold this time of year but very charming and retro. Nice college, the obligatory plaza and lots of interesting old structures/houses. We will return to this fetching little town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico