Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:52 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times

Advertisements

Is Dreamcatcher that place that is half touristy shop, half cafe? The place that is sort of right at the beginning of the "downtown" area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 05:19 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,917,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruff View Post
Music tends to be geared towards old people with a western/cowboy theme.
Ummm...who are you calling "old people???" I had already said that:
Quote:
What is generally true of all the music venues in the evening is that C&W predominates.
C&W = Country & Western

Quote:
Dreamcatcher had some interesting music playing outside last summer but they got in big trouble for making too much noise.
Actually they were "assaulted" by a couple of old grouches and it didn't cause them much trouble since they compromised on turning down the volume and stopping it after a certain late hour.

Quote:
Is Dreamcatcher that place that is half touristy shop, half cafe?
It's located at 2629 Sudderth Drive. See photos, attached.

Attached Thumbnails
Ruidoso, NM-cafe.jpg   Ruidoso, NM-cafe1.jpg  

Old 02-23-2010, 08:47 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
Thanks, I thought it was that place. I've never been there, what does one do there? Drink? They have good food?

Old 02-23-2010, 09:26 PM

5,667 posts, read 6,594,347 times
Dreamcatcher is a wee place... sandwiches mostly... pretty decent. They do serve beer and wine and have outdoor seating in the summer.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:27 PM

5,667 posts, read 6,594,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post
I had already said that:
I was agreeing with you.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rruff View Post
I was agreeing with you.
I was questioning who you were referring to when you said Cree Meadows nightlife scene is mostly "old people?" I agree with you if by that you mean there isn't much for "under 21" there. It is usually a more civilized crowd than can be found at WPS and Quarters.

I think what is lacking is a safe and civilized hangout where young people - under 21 - can enjoy themselves. There have been several attempts in recent years to provide such venues, but they have failed due to the lack of ability to control the uncivilized elements that seem to prevail here.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:13 AM

Default Action Shooting Performances

Something that appeared in the paper here recently about an event that I wasn't aware of - or perhaps forgot. It's just one more aspect of living in this region if you're into joining such organizations:

COWBOY ACTION SHOOTING

YeeeHaaaH...

Old 02-28-2010, 08:22 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,252,303 times
We will be in Ruidoso in 8 weeks. I can hardly wait. My sister and her husband from the Chicago area willl be joining us for a few days. They have never been to Ruidoso. I think they will enjoy it!!

Old 03-24-2010, 05:46 PM

Default Kicking thread back up

Haven't added anything to this thread in some time so thought I'd call attention to a promotional video put together by a local commercial photographer. It is more about what to do IN Ruidoso as opposed to the original purpose of this thread, which was to mention attractions within a day trip drive of town.

THINGS TO DO IN RUIDOSO

Now that spring break is over with and the ski area will be closing April 11, we locals will briefly reclaim our town from the tourists until events in May kick off with the spring motorcycle rally and the opening of the race season at the end of May.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:34 PM

2 posts, read 24,414 times
Default Seriously considering a move to Ruidoso-Opinions please

I fell in love with Ruidoso the first time there in the late 1970's. I was in my 20's and a bunch of my coworker friends piled in my car and drove all night from San Antonio. So we roll into town at midnight or later. I noticed we were gaining altitude from Roswell but I said there aren't any mountains here. So we headed up the road to Alto, it was a clear full moon night and boom there were the snow capped peaks. I had never been to the Rockies or really any type of mountainous area. Well now I'm in my late 50's single and have nothing tying me down in Austin where I live east of the city. I will never live in a metroplex again. I'm so tired of the summer heat of Texas.
What has changed in Ruidoso in the last 20 or so years. I'm past my days of skiing. I do see they have a Super WalMart there now, so that covers pretty much everyting I would need. There was only a small grocery store there the last time I was there. My hard partying days are done, so probably not much honky tonkin anylonger.
From anyone that lives there or lives part of the year there, are there any negatives, I should know about. I've been back to vistit probably 10 times. The climate in town from what I know, is fairly moderate but it can and does sometimes get down to zero in the town but the low 20's are the norm, as far as snow, it can snow heavily in town but nothing too bad. Summers can get up to the 90's but most of the time days are low to mid 80's and mid 50s at night. Heavy tourist is what keep the towns economy going, so avoid heading out on the weekends. If I make the move it will be in mid September. I plan on living in my 31' 5th wheel initially. It's plenty comfortable for me by myself. So if anyone that is a local can throw out some opinions and info, please do.
John
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico