Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:06 AM

5,667 posts, read 6,595,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post
Come to think of it, maybe the fact that I've never worn jewelry is my problem - not even a watch. Maybe I need to get me some faux diamond rings and gold necklaces, watch, big belt buckle etc. to let women think I'm actually a well-healed old goat.
In Ruidoso you need to emulate the hick west-Texas cowboy with an oil-well gushing out a $million a month. That'll get you plenty of attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 04:54 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,917,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Just a light touch,

something to accent.

something perhaps like this:
LOL!!! I don't think I want to be too near that guy myself!

Funnier thing is, when I was going through the "Age of Aquarius" I had necklaces, buckles and watch bands with turquoise. In fact I still have a belt buckle that has a marijuana leaf motif with a central nugget of turquoise.

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:30 AM

16 posts, read 36,099 times
Default Moving to Silver City in June..

I'm from a small town in Northern New York, and have decided to join my boyfriend in Silver City for the next couple of years while he is stationed there for Border Patrol. I graduated with a B.S. in Business Administration last year and have been unsuccessful in my job search thus far, so I figured why not move down there? I don't have much to lose, and we will only be there for a couple of years. However, I would like to land a decent job while I am living there. Could anyone help me out with my job search? I check the New Mexico Workforce Connection website daily, but other than that I haven't had much luck. We are also looking to rent a bigger place than the one my boyfriend lives in now. Any real estate companies you recommend? Thanks for the help in advance!

Old 04-24-2010, 12:26 AM

54 posts, read 217,287 times
I am not the person to ask about real estate companies, but I will say if you're looking to rent Smith is probably your best bet since they're also a property management co.
Good luck.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:35 AM

54 posts, read 217,287 times
Ok, as an aging boomer female I'll have to take the high road here...
SC is fun and funky. There are lots of things to do. The person who said there are no cultural events didn't look very hard. They also mentioned a lack of fresh fruit and veg and gardening being hard. All wrong. I have friends that garden all year round. There's a farmer's market in the summer, and the Co-Op always has fresh food all year. Here you eat locally and seasonally. Don't buy a tomato in December!
Things do slow down a bit on all fronts in winter but they do not stop completely.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:21 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer View Post
Ok, as an aging boomer female I'll have to take the high road here...
SC is fun and funky. There are lots of things to do. The person who said there are no cultural events didn't look very hard. They also mentioned a lack of fresh fruit and veg and gardening being hard. All wrong. I have friends that garden all year round. There's a farmer's market in the summer, and the Co-Op always has fresh food all year. Here you eat locally and seasonally. Don't buy a tomato in December!
Things do slow down a bit on all fronts in winter but they do not stop completely.
I love Lake Roberts and the wilderness around the Gila Cliff Dwellings although i sure wish they fix the road from Silver heading out to those areas just north as it's curve after curve after

Old 11-10-2010, 07:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,404 times
im looking for a decent cheap place in silver city nm 2 bedroom 1 bath Moderator cut: "Posting an e-mail: This is a message board, so members can reply to you here or via Direct Message. Please check back for a reply. Others might benefit from answers from other members here."

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 05-27-2011 at 10:24 PM..

Old 02-24-2011, 12:41 PM

10 posts, read 50,432 times
We got the silver city chamber of commerce brochure and when you open up to the first page the first full page advertisement is like "hey! we have a new cancer center! and ten oncologists! come live in silver city!" I was like geez thats a little um freaky why do they need so many oncologists in such a small town..and what genius marketing, oh boy I want to move to silver immediately..I called the cancer center and they were like well "were the only cancer center in all of SW NM and thats why we have so many patients...whats the truth?

Old 02-24-2011, 02:31 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalrevival View Post
We got the silver city chamber of commerce brochure and when you open up to the first page the first full page advertisement is like "hey! we have a new cancer center! and ten oncologists! come live in silver city!" I was like geez thats a little um freaky why do they need so many oncologists in such a small town..and what genius marketing, oh boy I want to move to silver immediately..I called the cancer center and they were like well "were the only cancer center in all of SW NM and thats why we have so many patients...whats the truth?
Well, they certainly could be the only facility within an hour or so drive. We do have at least one here in Las Cruces, but I think we're considered south-central (?).

Good, convenient medical care in general is a big selling point for retirees.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:55 PM

4 posts, read 6,456 times
Wink Looking for Rental in Silver City

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCity View Post
My guess would be 600-900 depending on the home and or location. I have a few rentals in Silver ranging from 600-1600.
Hi There,
I'm in ugly, cloudy, rainy, humid Cincinnati lol! I'd love to move to Silver City this summer. Do you have a nice rental home in a private/secluded area? I need a 2-3 bedroom for 500-650 a month. I have excellent rental history, no criminal record
I have 2 kids 6 and 8. Thanks
Amber
Moderator cut: "Posting an e-mail: This is a message board, so members can reply to you here or via Direct Message. Please check back for a reply. Others might benefit from answers from other members here."

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 05-27-2011 at 10:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico