Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long have you waited on hold lsitening to jazz music at New Mexico Workforce Solutions?
1/2 hour to 1 hr. - the recording said I was 5th in line 0 0%
1 hr. to 2 hrs. - I got disconnected and had to call back 1 25.00%
More than 3 hrs. - there were 79 people in front of me 1 25.00%
I don't recall - I feel asleep while waiting 2 50.00%
The phone system was down - AGAIN 2 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 10:59 AM

2 posts, read 4,546 times

Advertisements

I am a claimant myself, been waiting 2 months for the extension. The whole time the [mod] Name calling, slur, attacks objectionable word etc [/mod] New Mexico Workforce Solutions have been telling me "6-8 weeks". Last week, the rep told me if I STILL didn't hear anything, the call back and have someone review my claim and find out what's taking so long.

So, I call today...a new [mod] Name calling, slur, attacks objectionable word etc [/mod] person actually calls down to another Dept. and finds out that it's not 6 to 8 weeks.... it's 16-18 weeks!

She also said they're backed up with 6,000 claims in Appeals [mod] Name calling, slur, attacks objectionable word etc [/mod]

[mod] Name calling, slur, attacks objectionable word etc [/mod] (I was on hold 1 hour & 1/2 today - new record)

Good luck, everyone.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 11-16-2009 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: Name calling, slur, attacks objectionable word etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 02:39 PM

10 posts, read 35,412 times
Due to high call volume, I can't seem to be able to answer this question...

Old 11-16-2009, 12:30 AM

426 posts, read 1,088,578 times
I don't know if this will even begin to help you, but I used to claim unemployment during the summer months, Spring Break and Christmas break. I remember when I tried to start claiming, I ran into ridiculous hold times on more than a few attempts. I was also disconnected and hung up on by an employee on purpose before we finalized the claim!

I was so upset that I ended up calling Santa Fe to make a complaint. They gave me the phone numbers of two people who were..... I think they were the people in charge of work force solutions. Something like that. I left a message and one of them contacted me a few days later. They got a hold of someone at work force solutions who, I believe was a supervisor. That person called and helped me get my claim started. This was back in Dec. of 2006.

This may not work for you, but it's worth a shot. It's ridiculous what's going on. Pathetic too. Good luck to you all.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:24 PM

238 posts, read 635,560 times
Angry Your Tax Dollars At Work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatajoke View Post

I am a claimant myself, been waiting 2 months for the extension. The whole time the morons at New Mexico Workforce Solutions have been telling me "6-8 weeks". Last week, the rep told me if I STILL didn't hear anything, the call back and have someone review my claim and find out what's taking so long.

So, I call today...a new idiot actually calls down to another Dept. and finds out that it's not 6 to 8 weeks.... it's 16-18 weeks!

She also said they're backed up with 6,000 claims in Appeals and the poor NM State Employee babies have to work Saturdays. Awwwww.

I told her "at the least you have jobs..." and hung up. (I was on hold 1 hour & 1/2 today - new record)

Good luck, everyone.

Isn't the NM government "system" just wonderful??? Such caring, loving, thoughtful, and professional people. Their work ethic is just amazing.

Moderator cut: Off Topic. Stay out of the politics.

--BtK

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 11-16-2009 at 06:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
View detailed profiles of: