Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 06:39 PM

238 posts, read 635,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffohray View Post

I've heard many good things about the BB but I keep missing out.

Personally, I think that the owl cafe has the biggest p.o.s. burgers in the state but people always rate it as one of the best. I can think of several greasy spoon diners that could compete with the owl.

FWIW, you are really missing out on a great burger at Bobcat Bite. It makes Owl Cafe burgers look like McDonald's.

--BtK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 09:41 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,432,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
wow, the eastern side of the state sure is lacking
Dont forget that most of us over here in East NM are actually more West Texan than New Mexican blah blah blah. We really don't get much credit for anything over here so it does not surprise me that we are not on there.

I took 3 people from the NM State office to the Burrito Wagon here and they told me the Green Chili burger then got would have cost them close to $11 in Santa Fe and it was one of the best the ever had.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:14 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,039,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post

I took 3 people from the NM State office to the Burrito Wagon here and they told me the Green Chili burger then got would have cost them close to $11 in Santa Fe and it was one of the best the ever had.
They were incorrect.

A green chile cheeseburger at Bobcat Bite -- the BEST in Santa Fe - costs $7.90

Old 12-25-2009, 11:52 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,432,157 times
You seen the size of this burger I am talking about ? It is pretty big, I cant finish it and the fries.
Never been to the bobcat.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:51 PM

25 posts, read 63,627 times
Talking Gcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
But.....but....the tiger green chile cheeseburger I had last year was BLAAAND!!!
I think they measure us for service. The first time I went to the Outpost I got the tourist version... The second time was warmer, and as I patronized, they got eventually to full bore. I must have looked a little salty when I went to Hi-De-Ho for the Tiger burger...maybe it helped I mentioned 'who sent me'?...

Old 07-22-2010, 02:02 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,905,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumleytoo View Post
I think they measure us for service. The first time I went to the Outpost I got the tourist version... The second time was warmer, and as I patronized, they got eventually to full bore. I must have looked a little salty when I went to Hi-De-Ho for the Tiger burger...maybe it helped I mentioned 'who sent me'?...
LOL!!

I guess you have to specifically ask for a hotter version.

Blake's and Hi-di-Ho were both ultra-mild with no fire at all....the spiced fries at Blake's were hotter than the green chile on the burger!

Old 07-22-2010, 06:56 PM

25 posts, read 63,627 times
Lightbulb GCC quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
LOL!!

I guess you have to specifically ask for a hotter version.

Blake's and Hi-di-Ho were both ultra-mild with no fire at all....the spiced fries at Blake's were hotter than the green chile on the burger!

Oh, that is SO sad...Next time I go down to Hi-d-Ho I'll ask them to double up on the good ones, not the touristy bell pepper wannabees... I have been doing the Zozo shuffle at least once a month for thr Outpost's loaded and the basket of fries...YUM!

Last edited by chumleytoo; 07-22-2010 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 07-22-2010, 07:10 PM

I pass Outposts...I guess I'm just going to have to time it for lunch one day and go try them out. I've heard that they are just really GOOD.

I also go through San Antonio, and I've heard likewise about one place there..and also Cuba. I just get in such a rush to get where I'm going that I don't stop along the way unless absolutely necessary!

Old 07-22-2010, 11:50 PM

116 posts, read 251,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumleytoo View Post
Oh, that is SO sad...Next time I go down to Hi-d-Ho I'll ask them to double up on the good ones, not the touristy bell pepper wannabees... I have been doing the Zozo shuffle at least once a month for thr Outpost's loaded and the basket of fries...YUM!
This is alil off topic and I am sorry where is outposts at

Old 07-23-2010, 08:22 AM

Outposts is on the main drag in Carrizozo when you come in from Alamo/Tulie on 54.

Actually, it's not off-topic at all. Outposts is supposed to have one of the best green chile burgers in NM........I could use one I don't have to make myself.

Every single one I've had here has been mediocre at best.

Sadly enough, a Whopper with cheese taken home and topped with hot green chile from the fridge is far better than anything I've had at Blake's or Hi-Di-Ho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico