U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:11 AM

476 posts, read 2,186,653 times

Advertisements

I was reading that movie star Demi Moore was born in Roswell and that got me thinking, "Who else famous was born in New Mexico?" So here is a thread to post anyone you know who is, or was famous, from New Mexico. I have a link of some other famous people at: http://www.nmnet.org/famous.php so please feel free to add anyone else famous too. Oh and I was shocked that John Denver was born in Roswell too! I somehow thought he was born in Colorado or something, but no he was a New Mexican.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 08:42 AM

3,011 posts, read 9,321,812 times
I checked. John Denver was born in Roswell, NM on December 31, 1943.

Demi Moore was born in Roswell, NM on November 11, 1962.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:21 AM

710 posts, read 2,773,348 times
The following Geocities link contains famous people either born in or raised in Albuquerque.

http://www.geocities.com/suzys_lists...querqueans.htm

Old 05-23-2007, 09:31 AM

3,502 posts, read 8,892,230 times
Al Unser jr. (racer). Johnny Tapia (Boxer)

Old 05-24-2007, 01:33 AM

Sure anyone who lives or lived in New Mexico, who is, or was famous, can be posted here too. I know we claim Georgia O'Keefe who lived here. She is a New Mexican in my eyes, even though she wasnt born here, she loved New Mexico with a passion. I always liked Demi Moore, she looks so good for her age and now I like her even more her being a New Mexican! I bet she knows her chiles! Thanks for all the posts! Wow, Freddie Prinze Jr! He is a hottie and a cutie!

Old 05-24-2007, 02:47 AM

68 posts, read 334,733 times
Default good topic!!

My sister went to El Capitan elementary school in Roswell with Demi Moore, only 2 years apart. Some years back Demi, Bruce Willis and family were in Roswell for her grandmothers funeral. We could not figure out what the deal was with all the cops.
Neil Patrick Harris(doogie howser md) also lived in Ruidoso for some time and attended Ruidoso middle and High school.
Lets not forget abc anchor man Sam Donaldson who lives part time on his ranch in the Hondo Valley(lincoln county).
Old Hollywood actress Linda Darnell lived on her 65 acre ranch in Picacho(lincoln county) back in the 50's where she frequently hosted wild parties atteneded by the likes of John Wayne, James Cagney, Mickey Rooney, Peter Hurd and Henriette Wyeth.
Then there is Ethel on I Love Lucy where she frequently mentions being from Albuquerque on many episodes.....
there is alot more famous people who are not natives but now reside in New Mexico.... Santa Fe and Taos are home to most of them such as Julia Roberts, Val Kilmer, Shirley MacLaine and I know theres more.....

Old 05-24-2007, 09:54 AM

8,317 posts, read 27,108,292 times
Part-time resident Don Imus, who grew up in rural Arizona (go figure!). I think his brother still lives in Santa Fe. The two of them put together a great book of their southwestern photography with absolutely vitriolic politically incorrect captioning. Called "Two Guys, Four Corners." Some great photos, captions rated "X".

Old 05-24-2007, 03:37 PM

106 posts, read 396,418 times
Deigo Sanchez, UFC welter weight contender
Keith Jarine, UFC Light Heavey contender
Greg Jackson, MMA trainer

Old 05-24-2007, 07:38 PM

13,138 posts, read 37,942,347 times
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Henry McCarty a.k.a. William Bonney a.k.a. Billy The Kid......

Old 05-25-2007, 02:13 AM

Great posts everybody! I forgot about Julia Roberts living in Santa Fe and a friend of mine who lived in Santa Fe and now in Durango told me she recalls these people too living in Santa Fe: Gene Hackman, Kevin Costner, Jane Fonda, Ali McGraw, Diane Lane, Gregg Braden, Alan Arkin, Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves and she thought Carol Burnett lived there too. Can anyone confirm these are true? Speaking of Julia Roberts, I love all her movies and Val, Kevin, Keanu and Patrick are all hunky guys. OK, I am a single gal, I cant help it! That is right, I Love Lucy does have Ethel several times talking about her hometown of Albuquerque and also that time they visited there, I remember that one since it was one of the funniest lines Fred said. The father of Ethel kept bragging on Ethel and said something about all the boys buzzing around her and Fred said something like "yeah, but I was the only one to get stung." That was so funny. Anyway, I notice NM has a good deal of boxers. Anyone know of any pro football or baseball stars from NM or lives here? Oh yeah, the infamous Billy the Kid. He is buried at Fort Sumter right? Wow, the list grows!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico