Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 08:03 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,818,713 times

Advertisements

Also Durango has an indoor year round public swimming pool and other private swim clubs too.

I absolutely love Durango....and it would be my first choice if I had my druthers.

Thanks for the information, CJ....it's well worth looking into. I am also trying to avoid long commutes because of high gas prices. Once I go, I'm looking to pretty much stay in one area for all things, if possible!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2006, 01:06 PM

29 posts, read 93,287 times
Cathy, Aztec has no pool at all , but they keep talking about it. Farmington has a beauiful new indoor aquatic cetner, we'll be there Saturday , with lap pool, kid pools slide etc,and an older pool that is great for laps. Plus there is a private club you can join for about $50 a month with an indoor pool. It would be a 15 to 20 minute drive. Bloomfield, a 10 minute drive from Aztec, just built a new pool opening in a month or so.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:20 PM

Farmington has a beauiful new indoor aquatic cetner, we'll be there Saturday , with lap pool, kid pools slide etc,and an older pool that is great for laps

OMG......that sounds fantastic.....and with Durango/Wolf Creek only a hop and skip away.

THANK YOU so much for that information!!!!

Old 08-08-2006, 09:18 PM

4 posts, read 17,217 times
Default Relocating to New Mexico?

Hello, Darryl,

My name is Melanie, I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I have lived here for 2 years. I don't know much about Espanola, but from what I've heard there are a lot of gangs, not much to do for the teens, so they look for ways to entertain themselves. There are gangs here in albuquerque also, but just like any city, the neighborhood where you live counts. I don't have children, but from my friends that do, I've heard several schools out here are below average when it comes to teaching. But there are several other schools that have excellent reputations. I currently own a home, bought last year in the price range of 140,000, for a 3 bdrm, 2 bth. If you have an email address I can send you information on any city you would like, along with school information. Good Luck on your relocation should you decide to move to New Mexico. By the way, it's dry out here, lots of dust, except for the past few weeks we been having RAIN!! But, it is beautiful.
v/r Melanie
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedUpWithCALI
Hi All. My parents are retiring soon to NM from Southern California (my mom is originally from NM, still has lots of family there) and are hoping I move my family there as well. My wife and I recently had our second child and looking for something with 3 bedrooms, but everything here in SoCal that we've found is out of our price range, so we're giving it serious consideration. Just found this website. and was hoping for a some advice on the best places to relocate a family (daugther is 7, son is 1 1/2). Some of the negatives we've been reading are scaring us a little, partuculary someone mentioned to stay away from Espanola, which is one of the places we were thinking of, as that's close to where my folks will be. I was wondering, what, particularly are the negatives with Espanola, as I read it was a place to avoid but no reason was given as to why. What are some other good places to relocate in NM with a family? Thanks. ~ Darryl

Old 08-08-2006, 11:04 PM

5 posts, read 19,500 times
Hi Melanie, Thanks for your response (and thanks to everyone for the responses on my original post!). If you (or anyone else for that matter) want to get ahold of me via my email, it is darrylpetersen@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:05 AM

Farmington has a beauiful new indoor aquatic cetner, we'll be there Saturday..

How did you like it?

I just got my relo packet from Farmington.....and it shows properties in all 3 areas....they put together a very nice package!!!

:-)

Old 08-14-2006, 08:35 AM

29 posts, read 93,287 times
The aquatic cnter is beautiful, iT has a standard size olympic?lap pool, a round kiddy pool with a large slide in the middle and sprayers and a square lowe pool for kids to learn in. Plus diving pool. There are 3 locker rooms, mens, ladies and family room so say I had a 10 year old son (I don't) I could go and not worry about sending him in the men's room alone, we could go in the family room. The outside grounds are lovely with flowers etc. They have a huge area all dug up out next to it that they are giong to have a pavilion and volley ball etc installed in by next summer. The cnter is next to the Connie Mack stadium. Farmington is host ot the National Connnie Mack baseball finals every year. It is in an older part of town with an old trailer court near by and the city is slowly buying up the old trialer court and turning the whole area into a sports complex.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:22 AM

It sounds really nice, Mesa...I'm looking forward to seeing it and Farmington. I've just started researching areas....I've been advised to stay to the North/CC area/east....but dang, does the price go waaay up...ouch.

I feel a little overwhelmed right now, but it will work out.

Thanks again for the information!

Old 08-14-2006, 01:47 PM

625 posts, read 2,432,147 times
Yeah, Farmington SEEMS pricey, but considering the work available up there it's not too terrible.

Old 08-14-2006, 02:08 PM

Yeah, Farmington SEEMS pricey, but considering the work available up there it's not too terrible.

Compared to Los Alamos, no.... :-)

But I really just need to go scout the place out and see what I can live with. Compared to what can be bought in Texas these days, New Mexico is relatively expensive, in my recent experience!! I might find a little older area that I like just fine.

Thanks for the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico