Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 10:54 PM

11 posts, read 56,914 times

Advertisements

Yeah I definitely don't feel like it was worth what I paid for it, but better than finding out what happens for not having it later. Just got mine about 2 weeks ago. I went to the Tropical Car Wash & Brake Tag Station on David Drive. I was the only person there when I went to get it done, and when I had to come back after getting my tint taken off. I didn't have to do anything except sign a paper as he looked at the insurance papers, but that could be because he might have seen me driving out of the parking lot and could determine that my lights worked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 09:05 PM

3 posts, read 8,410 times
Hey Nico82NO, just wanted to say you hit the nail on the head. There is much I love about New Orleans, but as they say, it's a nice place to visit but,... I grew up in New Orleans and didn't realize how pathetic it was until I was transferred as an adult over 30 years later. There are some great people in New Orleans, but for generations they accept corruption and filth like nowhere else.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,846 times
In Orleans Parish, it's 25 dollars, however in Jefferson Parish, you can either do 1 year for 10 dollars or 2 years for 20 dollars

Old 07-05-2015, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,650 times
If you have an address in Jefferson Parish where you can receive mail, use that address for your vehicle registration address.
Not only will your vehicle insurance likely be cheaper, but the cost of a brake tag is 60 % less (via a 2-year tag).

Old 07-07-2015, 08:14 PM

41 posts, read 58,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapertokeepher View Post
If you have an address in Jefferson Parish where you can receive mail, use that address for your vehicle registration address.
Not only will your vehicle insurance likely be cheaper, but the cost of a brake tag is 60 % less (via a 2-year tag).
Better yet, get an address out of state and use that for your vehicle registration address. I get twice as much insurance coverage on my truck for half the price by keeping it registered in Alaska. Car registration is also cheaper, and there's no silly brake inspection to worry about.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:33 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,925,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip N Sawbones View Post
Better yet, get an address out of state and use that for your vehicle registration address. I get twice as much insurance coverage on my truck for half the price by keeping it registered in Alaska. Car registration is also cheaper, and there's no silly brake inspection to worry about.
That's great until something happens and the insurance company wants to know why you're all the way down in Louisiana. We all have to pay high insurance costs; people like you who skirt the rules just make it harder on everybody else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans