Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 04:36 PM

7 posts, read 27,168 times

Advertisements

Hi my husband, infant son and I will be moving to Belle Chasse this summer for my husband's work. I have my son and I in mommy and me baby gymnastics at a place called "The Little Gym". I looked and there is not a gym like that for 40 miles at least...does anyone know places I could look into for my son and I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 07:06 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Boy, are you in for a culture shock. I would be very surprised if you find anything like that down there, Belle Chasse used to be working class families with little time or money for what they would consider a luxury.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:50 PM

I am a military wife so culture shock is noraml for me..just tryin to find something to do.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:49 PM

54 posts, read 282,508 times
There is Gym Rompers and Children’s Hospital Parenting Center. Both are Uptown and it would be about a 30 minute drive from Belle Chasse.

Gym Rompers - Uptown New Orleans & Metaire
Children's Hospital, New Orleans - The Parenting Center Classes

Old 03-11-2010, 09:14 AM

Thank you so much I will look into both of them!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:29 AM

3 posts, read 8,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2004ifer View Post
I am a military wife so culture shock is noraml for me..just tryin to find something to do.
There is a TON for you a your son to do, and on base at that! Just check with MWR on the NAS/JRB New Orleans and they'll have listings for activities both on the base and in the city. When my kids were smaller, we did gym rompers on base. GL!

Are y'all planning on living on the base? I would not. We tried that and it was a horrific experience. Let me know if you would like to live off-base. There are military folks moving that have houses for sale.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbenedict View Post
There is a TON for you a your son to do, and on base at that! Just check with MWR on the NAS/JRB New Orleans and they'll have listings for activities both on the base and in the city. When my kids were smaller, we did gym rompers on base. GL!

Are y'all planning on living on the base? I would not. We tried that and it was a horrific experience. Let me know if you would like to live off-base. There are military folks moving that have houses for sale.
Thank you..I didn't know they did the Gym Rompers on base...I saw a website for them out in town. We are not planning on living on base b/c they were going to put us in a 2bed/1bath with no garage. We found a house in Harvey from a former Navy guy. Thanks for the advice to looking on base. I will do that when we get in town. We are currently in the process of moving there. We will be there after the 4th of July.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:19 PM

3 posts, read 8,326 times
Hey! Holla when you get here, if you would like! Where in Harvey will you be? Are you renting?

Moderator cut: advertising not allowed, no MLS listings allowed

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 06-29-2010 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: added a website

Old 06-30-2010, 07:09 AM

We are renting a house 3bed/2bath/2car garage for a great price and in a great area.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:58 PM

268 posts, read 744,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Boy, are you in for a culture shock. I would be very surprised if you find anything like that down there, Belle Chasse used to be working class families with little time or money for what they would consider a luxury.
This is what I was thinking mostly, too. But militarily, you might be OK. Baby and me gym in Belle Chasse is where you put the worm on baby's hook and get baby's hook out of the bush when it get's caught. And you walk down to the canal in your gym gear, I guess. I know I think I am funny, but yep, culture chock.
Now that that's out of the way, though, ANY south LA town is a great place to grow up and experience the world. Fascinating. HOT, but fasacinating. The NAS will have activities, and it will be hot enough to avoid too much excercise at home, but walking SOMEWHERE should be something you can do with baby, and maybe a fenced yard, too. I will watch this thread, cause I'd like to know how it goes. LA is really great. HOT, but great. Almost all towns now have some kind of parish rec facility to recreate in...park, playground, pile of dirt.

Last edited by BradfromNO; 07-01-2010 at 02:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans