U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 08:30 PM

4,230 posts, read 9,416,385 times

Advertisements

It is just me or has there been a recent increase in advertisements from chains that have no locations on the southshore?

I've been seeing commercials for Carrabba's, Red Robin, Jack in the Box, Boston Market, and some other place that we don't have a lot lately. Have they always been there and I just never noticed it or are they just starting them? I have Cox BTW so I get commercials intended for the New Orleans DMA specifically, unlike satellite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 10:38 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,069,882 times
Yeah but I was guessing they were either buying network time or were running on a Cox national ad network

Old 07-26-2010, 08:52 AM

4,759 posts, read 6,444,296 times
Where I live, if we get a commercial for something we don't have it means it'll be coming soon. We started seeing Sonic commercials and a year later we have 4 new Sonics. Same with Red Robin...so maybe that's it. Right now we're seeing commercials for Joes Crab shack.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:35 AM

No New Orleanian worth their salt wou;ld be caught dead at Joe's Crab Shack.

I think they kick you out of Louisiana for that

Old 07-26-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
No New Orleanian worth their salt wou;ld be caught dead at Joe's Crab Shack.

I think they kick you out of Louisiana for that
It actually did pretty good until Katrina pushed out into the lake.
The one in Baton Rouge seems to pack nice crowds (but then again, that is BR).

On that note, Joe's Crab Shack and Red Lobster are last two places on earth that I would go for seafood. Every time I see the Joe's commercial with the "New Orleans" seafood pot I cringe. Let's not even talk about when Red Lobster started advertising jambalaya *cough* pilaf with meat *cough*. Only thing Red Lobster is good for is biscuits.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:59 AM

239 posts, read 555,612 times
I had Red lobster once in NY. It was like eating a bowl of salt. Blech.
Anyway, I have a somewhat related question. As soon as I moved here, I located the nearest Dunkin' Donuts. According to their website it is the only one in the state of Louisiana. (I'm glad it's relatively close to me)! I've since heard from my fiance's coworkers that there are D&Ds all over the place. Where??? I haven't seen them and they don't exist according to the website.
I know this is silly, but a D&D iced coffee is one of my very favorite simple pleasures!

Old 07-26-2010, 11:00 AM

Yeah...its like Zea's (which I think is overrated) however I could eat a plate of corn grits.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:18 AM

The only D&D that I know of is on Vets and like Houma I think?
Why did you have to mention Zea's, Prytania? Now I want grits. Their gator and grits is not bad either, just a little greasy.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:44 PM

310 posts, read 776,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
It actually did pretty good until Katrina pushed out into the lake.
We used to go to Joe's just to sit on the patio to overlook the lake while slinging back a few after work. I would venture a guess that added to their business since there were always tons of us out there just drinking. Landry's is nice but doesn't really work for that puropse .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans