Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 05:36 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
A ticket for 5 mph over the speedlimit is absurd. In fact I think all speed limits should be increased substantially. We're still driving around with speedlimits from YEARS ago. Now cars handle so much better, brakes are better, more balance, better tires, better supension.

Just another money maker for the towns
It's not the cars, it's the drivers' abilities in question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 06:14 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
It's not the cars, it's the drivers' abilities in question.
Something to be considered. I haven't gotten my license yet because I feel it would be safer for others and myself if I wasn't on the road right now. Someone told me "just go and get your license". First, it isn't that easy. You have to have had alot of driving experience. My first driving lesson didn't come until I was 17 and maybe a few driving lessons between then and age 20. After an accident, that was the last time I ever took a driving lesson, until this year, at the age of 24. I took a drive around the apartment complex with a friend who had some spare time to teach me. I didn't wreck or do anything stupid, but the experience kind of freaked me out a bit. I figured if I could barely handle my apartment complex, I would be able to handle the road. For that reason, I don't drive. I walk, I take the bus, and occasionally I might get a ride from someone else. It is about the driver's ability. And it is also about the attitude of the driver. I am aware of that.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:00 AM

268 posts, read 743,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Regardless, if you one passed one of these cameras you also passed two signs that read "PHOTO ENFORCED; SPEED 25".
Haha, whoomp, there it is. And for what it's worth, boycotting a city because of that is
a pretty lame statement, although you are very much entitled to do what you like in that situation.
Could be they feel the same way, lol. Speed trap cams are possibly the WORST form of remote
ticketing. In Memphis there are a dozen or more red light cams, and as much as people hate em,
they are really needed around here. Streaming through red lights on arrow turns is an epidemic
here as I am sure it is nationwide. It amounts to spoiled american aholes, who feel like they just
didn't get enough time to make the turn, and 'since it's THEM, after all', we should just go on
and give them all the time they need. I mean come one, it's tough to pay that much attention
when you are in the middle of a call.

I like to stand on the horn once my light turns green...you should see the dirty looks I get from the
3-4 people who ride through the intersection, forcing me to wait for all the law-breakers to clear
the intersection. They look at me like I was the most inconsiderate person on the road. What a
joke. What makes me even madder is that on some of the camera intersections, they only flash
in certain directions it seems, so one D.o.T. gets off scott free and the other D.O.T. get's a ticket.
But both break the law pretty equally. i think it's true what they say that more than half of the
licensed drivers would fail a written test if they had to take it again. And what's worse, I am SURE
that all these people understand that what they are doing is wrong and unsafe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans