Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 12:41 PM

423 posts, read 1,248,054 times

Advertisements

I agree with JimLFT--I don't think outdoor dining is that bad most of the time. As long as there's shade, it's usually bearable even in the summer. I can't imagine the revenue a place like Bulldog (on Magazine) would lose if it didn't have outdoor seating. They're clearly willing to fork out the money for an industrial strength fan to keep people cool in the summer, and at night the place is packed.

Does anyone know about the Green Goddess in the French Quarter though? Never been there, but it touts itself as all-natural and mostly vegetarian and has very little (virtually no) indoor seating. It's a fairly new place; the OP may want to look it up.

As for other neighborhoods, I wouldn't think a street corner in the Marigny would be a good bet for a natural foods cafe. Faubourg Marigny is the most liberal part of the city, the population there is already fairly earthy-crunchy, and the rents are probably cheaper than most of Uptown.

The Freret Street corridor is definitely "up-and-coming" (still a long way to go) but it might also be a good option for higher-risk ventures (I say "high risk" because NOLA is not a big health-food city). Rent on Freret Street would be dirt cheap, though crime might be a bit of a problem, and the outdoor seating environment wouldn't be quite as pleasant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans