Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 03:18 PM

5 posts, read 13,969 times

Advertisements

I was in NOLA last July, visited my daughter who works in the area. I loved the place. I rather live in New Orleans than California where there lots of stock-up people. Most of them wants to keep up the Jonses. ( get my drift) I'm from New JErsey and considering relocating somewhere south. Drove and looked around mississippi and Tennessee like every places. New Orleans is a nice place to stay over California.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:39 PM

310 posts, read 854,823 times
Forget about me asking you to get off of your high horse. Please, by all means, stay on that horse, get the heck out of here, and don't come back.

If you're working in the schools (I'm assuming as an educator of some sort), I would expect someone like you to be bringing forth a more intelligent discussion and not the same drivel day after day. Seriously, I'm asking you for real discussion, not what drama you witnessed at public school #5 or the bumpy road you took to work. I have to take River Road and Magazine past the zoo every day until the end of the month. That route is enough to bottom out your car but I'm not here complaining about it randomly and it's no reason to "despise" the city. Put some substance behind your complaints and most of us will be happy to discuss instead of throw defensive retort back at you.

Your main issue seems to be with the public schools. Every last one of us knows the state of the public schools here. I don't believe a single person here would EVER advise that someone send their children to public school around here unless it's a dire need (or they're moving to St. Charles, Slidell, or Northshore). I have a colleague that works 3 jobs to afford private schooling for her children. That's NOT a positive thing, but, as I said, it is what it is and it's been that way here for a very long time; NOT just recently as you seem to think. It isn't the 60's anymore if you haven't noticed.

Yes, people must think long and hard before bringing their children here. It's not the place to be for a decent pre-college education unless you can afford private schooling. People considering moving here childless have other things to weigh out; hard, in stone, FACTS are what should be weighed (like cost of living, insanely high insurance, crime) not some random person's highly opinionated story with nothing to back it up.

In my honest opinion, the only reasons to move here are having family here and/or being hired by an area company. To move here out of sheer "love for New Orleans" is not what I'd ever advise. It's not all fais-do-do, jambalaya and crawfish, it's a real city with some hardcore issues. So, no, I'm not an apologist, just a realist.

I hope to God you're not stationed at the school I'm screening at tomorrow. We don't need your negativity. Dport's post hit the nail on the head. Your posts are indignant, self-righteous, close to RACIST, and just plain RUDE.

Last edited by Pook77; 09-08-2010 at 03:47 PM..

Old 09-08-2010, 04:00 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,487,161 times
...and most of this doesn't occur in California?? If you honestly believe that then you are truly an idiot. Apparently you just need something to ***** about.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:15 PM

310 posts, read 854,823 times
Seriously. I think my hometown is the definition of crap hole but I'm not over at that forum being a jerk.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:01 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,805 times
And you act as if California isn't full of immigrants. I can assure you that there are teacher smoking on the school campuses in california. Given that they are in a seperate area, I say that's their business.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:48 AM

245 posts, read 455,370 times
lol, opinions are like buttholes.... California is full of them.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:39 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,688,823 times
I still don't understand the big deal about teachers smoking outside. Who gives a poot? You said yourself that they were smoking OUTSIDE. People in this country have the right to abort a living, breathing being inside the womb...yet you think people shouldn't have the right to smoke OUTSIDE???? Very closed minded of you...especially for a proud Californian.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:23 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,458 times
He/She didn't come back...obviously a troll and this state is better off if they leave.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:39 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,326,525 times
California likes to just hide places like Skid Row and Compton behind a shiny veneer. In fact a lot of states just brush their problems aside into little pockets and pretend they dont exist. New Orleans isnt kidding itself and hiding its flaws. It just copes with them and tries to integrate the entire city together instead of cordoning off portions of it. Suburbs are always used as an example of how great a city is, but they always conveniently seem to neglect the fact that the inner city is starving in rags. Problematic areaS? just move out away from them and they dont count anymore! Thats not how Nola does it, and thats why its unique.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:32 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
WOW! This thread caught my eye-did this person actually opened his/her eyes in CA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans