Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 02:30 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,384,690 times

Advertisements

I'll be traveling down Friday to see Muse, since it's not very often that I get to see them live. I saw them last year in Houston (7 hour drive one-way) and it was only a 45 minute set, because they were opening for U2. This time it's only a 2.5 hour drive and a 2 hour set (and cheaper), so I'm pumped about that. I'd also like to see Weezer, but it may not be possible since their sets overlap. I have to head home Saturday, so I won't get to enjoy the rest of the festival.

Is anyone else going? This is my first time to Voodoo, anyone have any tips on where to park, what to bring, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,900 times
I'll be going! I'm going to have to work during a lot of the festival (I'm working with State Farm Nation at their Club 17K tent), but they're going to give me enough freedom to catch a bunch of acts. I'm most excited for Deadmau5, especially if his stage setup is half as cool as the ones he's been breaking out lately - [mod] not allowed, no ads, read TOS [/mod]

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-26-2010 at 02:19 PM..

Old 10-28-2010, 11:02 AM

605 posts, read 1,051,952 times
We're flying out tomorrow morning for the duration of the festival - can't wait!!

Old 10-28-2010, 03:38 PM

640 posts, read 1,222,304 times
You can't bring chairs but definitely bring a blanket if you want to sit near the stages. Park anywhere in the surrounding neighborhoods and just walk to City Park. Bring money for food and booze!

Old 11-05-2010, 03:14 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,384,690 times
I've been to New Orleans countless of times, and I never knew there was a GIANT park in the city. That park must be close in size to the core of Downtown Jackson. However, it was dark once we got there and I didn't see the entire park, but I remember walking through a field of emptyness looking for the entrance and we ended up in the back of the festival somehow. Eventually, we made our way around to the entrance.

The two main stages were set up facing each other in a field, about 800'-1000' apart. Once I knew that we would get to see both Weezer and Muse, I was even more excited. There were people in the middle of the field on blankets, but we wanted to be close to the stage, so we were standing, dancing and singing the whole time. Weezer was good, but Muse was AMAZING. I took some video, but most of the time I was too caught up in the music to record.

Afterward, we met up with some friends in the Quarter and went bar hopping into the wee hours of the night, which turned out to be a great idea since there were tons of costume parties going on so there were tons of late niters dressed in disguise. The two topless mermaids wearing body paint were probably the most unique costumes I ran across, and the least unique were the four guys wearing the bath robes from their hotel room. We weren't in costume, but we had a great time nonetheless.

Yet another great experience in the Big Easy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans