U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2010, 07:40 AM

12 posts, read 30,505 times

Advertisements

VIDEO: Palin Fans Camp Out In Metairie - WWL - AM870 | FM105.3 | News | Talk | Sports

This used to be one of my favorite sanctuaries in the area. Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-29-2010 at 10:21 AM..

Old 11-29-2010, 11:01 AM

310 posts, read 769,247 times
I don't care for Palin myself (and I consider myself leaning more to the right), but how can this make you "sad?" that just doesn't make sense to me. She wrote a book, she has fans, and they want to see her. It's not exactly uncommon for a writer to tour and do their signings at Barnes and Noble or Borders. Remember that WWL radio is also highly conservative so it's only natural that they'd seek out those singing her praise. It's not like Barnes and Noble is now a haven for Palin supporters; it's merely a book signing on a national tour for book promotion. Also keep in mind that while New Orleans as a whole is mostly Democrat, the suburbs, especially Metairie, tend to be Republican.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:15 PM

12 posts, read 30,505 times
I was merely over-exaggerating. I know she has to go on this tour, sign books and press the flesh. I just hate that it had to be at one of my favorite locations in town. I think the woman is a complete and utter idiot, hypocrite and all sorts of other bad words that I won't go into, and it's fairly frightening (to me, at least) there seems to be a good number of people that want her as president. As if she would even begin to be able to fix things.

But that's all besides the point. I just don't like the woman, and she sort of screwed up the mojo at a place I like to go to think. I find her to be the antithesis of thinking. That is all.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:24 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,134,650 times
Well if it does indeed upset you, maybe you should get back into the blue zone and head to the new Borders on St. Charles Avenue. And why is it shocking that Palin went to Metairie? That place has been a conservative bastion for ever. And yes, if that hapless idiot is ever I president I'm storming an embassy and demanding asylum, I'm not even waiting on immigration lawyers.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:33 PM

310 posts, read 769,247 times
Alrighty then. If the biggest of your problems is the fact that someone you hate was in a place you like for a few hours, then I envy you. Any large crowd would mess up the "mojo" of a place where people like to go and chill, but, whatever. They host just about everyone who writes a book and they'd be nothing less than stupid to turn her away if only because of the sales she brought. The attitudes that make you "sad" aren't just in New Orleans and, frankly, you can't expect them NOT to be.

I guess what I'm saying is the big picture that you're addressing has nothing to do with New Orleans other than the fact that the tour passed through here. You can't argue with demand and, obviously, people here wanted to see her/buy her book as numerous others probably do/did all over the country. It sounds like you're telling us that you're going to try to go to B & N and be so disgusted by the fact Sarah Palin was breathing the air in the building that you're going to leave? THAT is what has me confused.

This is like arguing against, say, Lady Gaga coming to town. Not everyone is going to like said person but there's no need to tell an entire city you're disappointed in them just because you disagree.

I'm done.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:44 PM

2,878 posts, read 2,605,341 times
How about just not going to B&N on that day? I mean it's not like she's going to be there everyday. Just don't go on that particular day? If you'd let something such as that, ruin a place for you, then you are a pretty weak-minded individual.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:38 PM

1,845 posts, read 3,797,620 times
Why not just go start another " I hate Sarah Palin " thread in the appropriate forum ?

Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 AM

19,865 posts, read 57,962,611 times
10 off-topic posts deleted, thread has run its course. closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans