U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 03:52 PM

145 posts, read 578,596 times

Advertisements

If you're planning on getting your MBA in New Orleans, then you'll want to stay closer in the city. The Tulane business school & Loyola campus are next door to each other in Uptown. UNO is Lakefront.

Also, as someone else mentioned before, you're too young to live in the suburbs. It's not like Houston, where you can find a good social scene outside the city limits. I live in Metairie, and by 9pm, the streets are clear. We just moved here, so depending on whether or not we start a family, we may move inward to the city. There's just more going on there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 05:59 PM

9 posts, read 10,262 times
Alright, so I am down here for two weeks and so far my expectations are exceeded. New Orleans is not as ghetto as most people are making it out to be, it might just be me since I've lived in the "ghettos" of Houston before. Most of you are right about St. Charles and Uptown area, it reminds me of The Heights area in Houston. I checked out Kenner and Metairie, not too bad although the only apartments I found interest in was the Villas. Hopefully I can find a decent place on St. Charles or room with someone in those historic houses. Thanks for the help everyone!

Old 01-31-2011, 10:10 AM

Does anyone know how good or bad this particular street or block is? 2534 marengo street 70115

Old 02-01-2011, 10:10 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,976,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVo124 View Post
Does anyone know how good or bad this particular street or block is? 2534 marengo street 70115
Not the best area. It starts to get bad between Feret and Claiborne over there. I would look between Jefferson and Louisiana, between St. Charles and Feret. The closer to Jefferson the better, the closer to St. Charles the better.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:00 PM

19,865 posts, read 57,982,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburnett View Post
Not the best area. It starts to get bad between Feret and Claiborne over there. I would look between Jefferson and Louisiana, between St. Charles and Feret. The closer to Jefferson the better, the closer to St. Charles the better.
good advice.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:30 PM

So I went by to check it out, the place is nice but the neighborhood is terrible.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:17 PM

98 posts, read 258,295 times
JVo124,
Try Padmappers New Orleans, refine your search criteria, then as you wander the different neighborhoods you might see for rent signs in yards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or