U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2010, 08:15 PM

4 posts, read 25,914 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I'm going to the USA on January (I'm from Brazil) for a 30-days roadtrip and will be on New Orleans for a few days to take a flight to see some concerts in Washington and Pittsburg.

I will leave the car on New Orleans Airport Parking, and to avoid a lot of unecessary luggage on those additional flights, I am planning to leave my luggage on the trunk of the car for 4 days.

My question is: is it safe? Have you ever been told of any security risks at this Parking?

Thanks in advance for the answers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 09:14 PM

67 posts, read 155,429 times
It would not be safe to leave anything "on" the trunk. "In" the trunk you should be ok.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:04 PM

431 posts, read 963,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobrust View Post
Hi guys,

I'm going to the USA on January (I'm from Brazil) for a 30-days roadtrip and will be on New Orleans for a few days to take a flight to see some concerts in Washington and Pittsburg.

I will leave the car on New Orleans Airport Parking, and to avoid a lot of unecessary luggage on those additional flights, I am planning to leave my luggage on the trunk of the car for 4 days.

My question is: is it safe? Have you ever been told of any security risks at this Parking?

Thanks in advance for the answers!
Hi Gustavo,

What I would recommend is to use the airport's baggage storage service instead of keeping the rental car only to park it in the garage for a few days just to hold your extra bags. You would obviously be paying daily rates for both. Not sure what the daily rate is for baggage storage, but I can't imagine it being very much.

This is from the airport website:

Quote:
Baggage storage is available on the lower level between Baggage Claims 5 and 6. VIP Baggage Check Service is operated by Rush It Courier Service. Storage is available for regular and oversized items such as golf clubs, boxes, luggage, musical instruments, wheelchairs, etc. Rush It now offers full service cruise ship check-in from their airport office and can transport your luggage from the airport to the cruise ship with advance check-in on the ship, leaving you more time to enjoy the Big Easy! 24-hour accessibility is available upon request. For more information, please contact one of our baggage coordinators at (504) 471-0080
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport - Airport Facilities

But, if you do decide to keep the rental car, Mrs. Fury is right. Your luggage should be safe "in" the trunk while parked at the airport.

And Gustavo, don't worry about "on vs in". My wife is Brazilian and she dealt with the Portuguese to English confusion over this very point. Things like, "I was on bed when the phone rang", etc. You'll figure it out in short order.

Hope you have a very enjoyable and safe visit!

Old 12-26-2010, 07:49 PM

4 posts, read 25,914 times
Thank you guys!

Sure, I will try not to leave anything "on" the trunk anymore In the trunk is always better!

Jim, thanks for this GREAT advice about Baggage Storage. Here in Brazil, it costs around $3 per hour, that is quite expensive for 4 days. I will check that out as soon as I arrive in New Orleans.

It's a pleasure to know (thanks for the link) that they offer free Wifi at the airport. That will make things easier.

Hope you all had a great Christmas and wish a Happy New Year for you!

My best regards!
Gustavo

Old 01-06-2011, 04:07 PM

145 posts, read 578,112 times
I wouldn't leave anything of value in my trunk or on my trunk, in any parking lot, in any city, gated or not. Most car burglaries are crimes of opportunity. There are always creeps out there who would rather put more energy into stealing your stuff than working for a living, and they're always on the lookout for easy pickings.

Are you sure that you need everything that you're bringing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans