Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2010, 09:04 PM

80 posts, read 257,021 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have a friend who is moving to NOLA during the summer (2011) for a new job and is looking to find the right place to live. He will be working in the Art District, mostly at night, and is thinking he wants to live out of the city. He will be renting. 1-2 bedrooms depending on the rent ( I think he's trying to stay under $1000 a month). He would need a place with parking, laundry facilities, be allowed to have a DirecTv dish hooked up, close to shopping and a gym, preferably no more than 30 minutes to the Art District and is safe. He's also thinking of taking a dog with him so pet-friendly would be helpful but not a deal breaker. I've only been to the French Quarter and surrounding tourist areas so I'm drawing a blank here trying to help him. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 11:22 AM

1,097 posts, read 2,340,454 times
I think the Arts District that you're refering to, we call the Warehouse District. I would really reccomend the Lower Garden district because of it's proximity to the Warehouse District, However, if he must live outside new orleans proper, then the westbank is the closest suburban area. Gretna, Harvey, Terrytown are 10-15min away and are reasonably safe areas. Metairie and Jefferson are a little further out (20-30min away) but have more amenities, malls, chain restaurants, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans