U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 08:23 PM

948 posts, read 1,756,500 times

Advertisements

I've had reservations at a guest house in the quarter since the beginning of January and just now got a notice that there was a plumbing problem that developed over mardi gras and that my reservations were canceled. I'm not so sure about the validity of all this but I really don't have a say so. At any rate, we've had the time off, saved money and convinced other people to go with us and now we're all SOL. I know it's a long shot but I'm desperate here. If anyone can help, please send me a PM or respond to this thread. Thanks!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 07:30 PM

4,886 posts, read 6,868,488 times
I wouldn't count on getting anything inside the Quarter this late. We go every year and this year messed around and didn't book a place early and now can't find a room anywhere. Our contact at the Inn on Bourbon said the area was 98% booked. She had no rooms available. We are currently trying in the Garden District. So far, no luck. Next try will be Slidell.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:48 PM

310 posts, read 819,502 times
Kenner or Metairie are always last-ditch emergency options. They'll be just as close to the city as Slidell, so there are 3 options for you.

I'd bet that your original hotel has a valid problem - Mardi Gras crowds were very rough and more destructive than usual this year.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:31 PM

194 posts, read 523,540 times
I would definitely go with Kenner or Metairie before Slidell. (I haven't done the math, but it seems closer anyway.) We stayed at a couple of airport hotels (via Priceline bids) during our pre-move visits, and they usually have free parking, so you could save your parking money for the Festival.

Keep trying for the Quarter or Garden District, though, because there will be some cancellations. I'd pick a couple of larger places and call every day.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:43 PM

948 posts, read 1,756,500 times
The guy from the reservation service offed me a place off Esplanade, it's a lot smaller, it's more of a walk to where we wanna be so we'll have to take cabs late at night. I guess when people are having to stay miles away, I should be happy I'm a block from the quarter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
View detailed profiles of: