Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 11:48 AM

3 posts, read 8,492 times

Advertisements

Hey I have a question about the film industry in Louisiana? I know obviously it's booming b/c of incentives so this is great for crew. But for an actor is it worth the while to relocate to say, new orleans instead of LA or NY to act? I live in Tennessee and have agents but I wanna do this for my career and ive had some people say Louisiana is great and some say it's not really the best place for a career actor. Any opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 12:40 PM

Default New Orleans acting

Hey I have a question about the film industry in Louisiana? I know obviously it's booming b/c of incentives so this is great for crew. But for an actor is it worth the while to relocate to say, new orleans instead of LA or NY to act? I live in Tennessee and have agents but I wanna do this for my career and ive had some people say Louisiana is great and some say it's not really the best place for a career actor. Any opinions?

Old 03-29-2011, 11:07 PM

494 posts, read 1,610,118 times
The movie industry in Louisiana is still heavily geared towards studios finding places to shoot thier movies, and not really a place for new young actors to come into their own. I'll say if you want to start your career, you are still better off in NY or L.A. Louisiana isn't quite there year.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:43 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,487,161 times
As far as I know, even though LA is becoming a hot bed for the film industry, most of the talent outside of extras are brought in from L.A.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:11 PM

3 posts, read 6,101 times
Anyone else who knows about the film industry in NOLA, what are the prospects for a Makeup Artist? I would assume they recruit many of their artists locally so they do not have to pay travel expenses and things like that. I'm a makeup artist and I'm planning on moving to NOLA for the film opportunities. Since makeup is a crew position, do you think there are a lot of jobs for makeup artists in film?

Old 03-30-2011, 04:39 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,947,089 times
There was recently a posting on the new Orleans craigslist advertising for some actors for Treme... That's the only work that I've seen advertised that was non-extra. And that paid less than 1,000. Generally speaking the economy is benefiting from the ancillary expenses of shooting a movie here rather than the actual production(as in what ends up on film) of the move itself, although there is a fair amount of post-production work.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:03 PM

Yeah i mean i hear of people getting jobs there, i just never know if its a good idea to move there for a while then transition to LA or go straight to LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans