Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2011, 03:06 PM

169 posts, read 344,219 times

Advertisements

i'm talking about like:

State Fair Of Texas - Fair Park in Dallas - Sept 30 - Oct 23, 2011
OR
Lexington Lions Club Blue Grass Fair

just curious or maybe any of the towns around New Orleans

what about 4th of July celebrations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 08:18 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,339,431 times
Not really, we have a lot of "fests" in the spring and summer with live music if that counts. There's way too many things going on to really need an organized state fair or something similar.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:35 PM

310 posts, read 854,486 times
Not in the sense of having typical fair attractions like rides and carnie vendors. Gretna Fest in October has a few small kiddie rides and games but local restaurant vendors. Festivals here involve lots of music and tons of local food. If there was a state fair, I'd bet it wouldn't be put in New Orleans just because of all the fests we alrady have nearly every weekend.

Mandeville Seafood Festival is a big one over July 4th weekend Mandeville Seafood Festival Official Home Page :: Seafood Fest 2010 :: Louisiana Style Food And Entertainment Again, kiddie rides, music, and local food.

You can find decent fireworks displays all over the place, it all depends on the atmosphere you're looking for.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:27 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,480,380 times
Like others have said, a state fair would be out of place in new Orleans currently. Spring-Summer is Festival Season in the region and there is a lot going on during that time. There are always very small carnivals with rides popping up around the city throughout the year, but nothing major. If you're looking for the big fair type vibe you should check out....

State Fair of Louisiana
Welcome to the Greater Baton Rouge State Fair
Cajundome - Cajun Heartland State Fair

Old 04-06-2011, 11:34 AM

152 posts, read 479,668 times
Yeah there are tons of "fests" like the others have mentioned. Doesn't St. Ritas in metairie have a fair every year? Story land has a fair like atmosphere, a carosel<no idea how to spell that, a small roller coaster, one of those big cicular things that you ride on that puts you really high up...(why can't I remember this stuffs names?) I think a tea cup type ride I can't remember what else. Go early because the lines get long.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:37 AM

152 posts, read 479,668 times
Ferris wheel!! Jeez I'm a tard today.... story land is in city park btw.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:38 PM

310 posts, read 854,486 times
St. Rita's in Harahan has a Pecan Festival in November (I'm not sure of a St. Rita's in Metairie?). It's just a "typical" fest, though - bands and food. Nothing large-scale.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:37 PM

145 posts, read 625,155 times
You're not going to find anything as big as the TX State Fair around here, or anywhere else for that matter. Some of the larger festivals, like Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival, do have small carnival rides. However, the 3-week long Louisiana State Fair in October, is in Shreveport, which is about a 4 1/2 hour drive from New Orleans. The Mississippi State Fair in Jackson, also in October, is actually closer. It's just a 3 hour drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans