U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 02:45 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,439,799 times

Advertisements

Hello NOLA! I am coming in a couple down in a few weeks to visit one of my favorite cities. I need a good restaurant recommendation for a birthday dinner Saturday night. Anything in the French Quarter area, not too fancy, something we cant miss!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 10:43 AM

4,594 posts, read 5,195,800 times
Coop's Place - Yummmm

Welcome to Coop's Place

Old 04-15-2011, 11:04 AM

1,296 posts, read 2,199,147 times
I second that wholeheartedly.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:25 PM

4,845 posts, read 6,383,569 times
I love Coop's especially late at night, but I'm not sure it would be what one is looking for in terms of a "birthday dinner". Consider Cafe' Maspero, Margaritaville, Tujague's, Ralph and Kakoo's. There are so many good choices.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:53 PM

2,192 posts, read 6,428,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcitygirl View Post
Hello NOLA! I am coming in a couple down in a few weeks to visit one of my favorite cities. I need a good restaurant recommendation for a birthday dinner Saturday night. Anything in the French Quarter area, not too fancy, something we cant miss!

Thanks!

Why limit yourself to the Quarter? To many great restaurants within a few minutes drive that are a lot better then what you will find in the quarter.

Vincent's Italian Cuisine at the end of St Charles Av is just one of them. Dante's Kitchen is another. Grand Isle Restaurant is only a short distance from the Quarter across from the Convention Center or even Cochon Butcher.

Lots of better choices then the Quarter and these are places that locals eat.

What type of food are you looking to eat? If you tell me I can better direct you to a great place. I'm not saying that places in the Quarter aren't good, just if you want to pay less and get the same quality of food or even better I can show you where to go. Most places are a short car, streetcar, or cab ride away.

How about Mexican, Superior Grill is great and they have the best margaritas around.

Of course if you want really great local seafood you can try Middendorf's in Manchac but it's an hour drive but worth it. OK I through Middendorf's in just to show you we have a lot of great restaurants outside of the Quarter.

Vincent's Italian Cuisine Locations

Cochon Restaurant (http://cochonrestaurant.com/html/menu.html - broken link)

Dante’s Kitchen

New Orleans Seafood Restaurant & Raw Bar | Grand Isle Restaurant |

Superior Grill - Mexican Dining in New Orleans, Louisiana

We're with you through Thick or Thin!*|* Middendorf's Seafood Restaurant

Ciao
busta

Old 04-16-2011, 02:32 PM

We are wanting to walk, so I thought we would stay around the quarter. Thanks for your help!

Old 04-17-2011, 12:54 AM

98 posts, read 260,189 times
Acme Oyster House, if you have been married for a while, start at the oyster bar and try to work your way to the part of the bar where they serve other than oysters(not the sit at tables part). People watching, interchange with the bartenders/shuckers, the people sitting next to you and your partner, are hard to beat, price wise, drink wise and memory wise.

I think my wife ordered 2 drinks all night, the bartenders/shuckers kept pouring her the remainder of wine from bottles that would not fill a glass.

There are lots of good food experiences to be had in New Orleans and if you look there are as many great experiences. As good as the food and music are, it is the people that make New Orleans special.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:12 AM

4,845 posts, read 6,383,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcitygirl View Post
We are wanting to walk, so I thought we would stay around the quarter. Thanks for your help!
What part of the Quarter are you staying in? What hotel?

Old 04-17-2011, 12:10 PM

Doubletree, we plan on running around the quarter, doing a cemetery tour and doing a lot of hanging on Frenchman.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:16 PM

Anyone have any opinions on any of these?
Capdeville
Felix's Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Royal House
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans