U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 03:18 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,460,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
To start with , you don't know what I have or haven't done . And , you and your couple of friends and relatives are the exception , not the rule . The " we " in your previous comment doesn't represent the whole city . Not by a long shot .
It represents a good many folks and relatives I know, and that's more than a few. Was also part of a large oil refinery that pulled it back together a long wit 90% of it's employee's that were wiped out, remember St. Benard was also wiped out just not as much news coverage. Nay, I don't know what you have or haven't done in your life, but from reading your commits I can see your pretty clueless as to what the folks down here in New Orleans have done to recover from the total devastation they encountered from Katriina.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:24 PM

810 posts, read 679,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
Nay, I don't know what you have or haven't done in your life, but from reading your commits I can see your pretty clueless as to what the folks down here in New Orleans have done to recover from the total devastation they encountered from Katriina.
Wow , you must be a psychic . Just not a very good one ...

Old 07-22-2011, 10:18 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,216,518 times
I fail to understand the value or logic of members on this board who never post anything but brief, shallow, snide comments that cut down the more complex and heartfelt thoughts and opinions of others. But you know, whatever floats your boat I guess. C'est la vie.

By the way, a lot of us have been through a lot with Katrina. We may have even lost loved ones, so it might not be in the best taste to suggest that our getting short-changed is a total crock.

God Bless

Old 07-23-2011, 12:09 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,460,089 times
Rather be a bad psychic than a full blown psycho

Old 07-23-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post
By the way, a lot of us have been through a lot with Katrina. We may have even lost loved ones, so it might not be in the best taste to suggest that our getting short-changed is a total crock.

God Bless
I never said it was a TOTAL crock . Can you prove to me where I did ? I asked for credible examples and all I got was insults instead . That's what people do when the facts don't support their position .

Old 07-23-2011, 07:52 AM

4,230 posts, read 9,429,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
I never said it was a TOTAL crock . Can you prove to me where I did ? I asked for credible examples and all I got was insults instead . That's what people do when the facts don't support their position .
mhmm

Old 07-23-2011, 09:18 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,216,518 times
1.) Plenty of people who for years/decades paid for insurance on their homes got nothing (discussed in detail in the documentary "When the Levees Broke")

2.) The government has denied us the right to hold the Corps of Engineers accountable for their shoddy construction of the flood gates and earthen barriers which failed us..when a storm of category 2 strength does that to New Orleans and the levees were built to withstand category 3, who should be blamed? Oh, I don't know, the people who designed it. There are contractors post-Betsy who admitted that the job wasn't done correctly.

3.) The noxious chemicals in travel trailers which sickened people, clearly these structures were ones which were acquired using the lowest bid, I mean do all mobile homes/trailers contain these dangerous toxins? I don't believe so, or they wouldn't be legal.

4.) The agonizing process by which people waited for these substandard living structures to be delivered. When the Levees Broke details this also.

5.) FEMA's plans to ask for much of the money back that it doled out to victims. In these economic times and in the straits that many people find themselves when they are still recovering, how is this justified? We're not talking fraudulent claims here.... and you can look this up if you want..

Was this proof, or did you need an annotated bibliography? And I'm sure folks on here could double or triple this list. You'll probably just dismiss this list because you can never be wrong, but oh well.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:16 AM

19,866 posts, read 58,782,124 times
Aab785, wish I could rep you again but I have to 'spread the love" first. Excellent post!

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:52 PM

310 posts, read 777,604 times
aab: excellent! I can't give you more rep right now either. I never lived in a FEMA trailer, but many of my close friends did - not cool. I'd also like to say that you can add 2 more insurance victims to your story... I'll back that one up till my deathbed. We're lucky that we have/had decent income and we were able to get back on our feet quickly, but we still should've had insurance help! Anyone who's paid years of homeowner's insurance is due that much!

You know, I had no clue that my (or others) real life experiences had absolutely no credibility! I guess if we can't back it all up with an academic journal or maybe even a Dateline expose, it never happened? Awesome! Knowing what we went through never really happened if a scholarly reference didn't cite it is going to save us a ton in psychological counseling!

selogic: you say you're in Louisiana. If you're in-state, why don't you take some time and do real-world research by coming down here and seeing/talking to people for yourself if you don't believe us on the message boards? Yes, I was sarcastic to you in this post, but I'm not trying to insult you when I say get here and see/research the facts. Pretty sure we could type at you till our fingers fall off and you'd still be here berating us.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pook77 View Post
Pretty sure we could type at you till our fingers fall off and you'd still be here berating us.
I haven't berated anyone . I simply asked for FACTS , and got piled on , and accused of all sorts of things . If you people want to blame somebody , start with that bafoon you elected for Mayor . Then you were further screwed by a Governor that was unable to deal with reality and resorted to the blame game to cover her mistakes . Everybody wants to blame the Feds , but the real problems started right here with the people that were supposed to handle matters at the beginning . They let you down long before the Feds got involved .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or