U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 10:36 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,197,714 times

Advertisements

They all failed us. We never told you otherwise.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:56 AM

4,230 posts, read 9,408,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
I haven't berated anyone . I simply asked for FACTS , and got piled on , and accused of all sorts of things . If you people want to blame somebody , start with that bafoon you elected for Mayor . Then you were further screwed by a Governor that was unable to deal with reality and resorted to the blame game to cover her mistakes . Everybody wants to blame the Feds , but the real problems started right here with the people that were supposed to handle matters at the beginning . They let you down long before the Feds got involved .
You asked for facts, we gave you personal experiences. I've gone through all of the above..

Well you see, if it wasn't for the Feds none of this would have happened to begin with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they built and managed levees. Secondly, they knew how shoddy the construction was and by the time the state govt. realized it (which came long before) the hurricane, they denied the obvious and refused to improve it. This battle still goes on today, just last week the Corps decided that they would rather move their operations out of state instead of letting the state have look at their work. This is after it was discovered that they were filling new levees with trash and backfill instead of the required materials, after outside engineers still found issues with some of their methods and designs. Let's see, Blanco could have tried to steer some funds to handle the job right? Oh, but no it seems like the rest of Louisiana would rather New Orleans be written off than given money when it comes to politics. There were people in Baton Rouge so excited to be "Louisiana's new largest city", which was sickening given the circustance. Since we took the title back, they've now been pushing "EBR is the largest parish". Woohoo, it's a parish. Even so, Jindal would have cut the funding by now. Let's also look at the fact that Blanco was a democratic politian seeking help for a heavily democratic city from a very republican administration. Moving on to Nagin, yeah he could have done a lot of things differently. As much as I loathe the guy, can you honestly evacuate nearly half a million people with less than two days notice? Unfortunately there are a **** load of logistics and politics involved in evacuating an area of 1 million people. Not only do we have to have a plan, but we have to coordinate with Baton Rouge and Mississippi as well which doesn't always work to hot. Wasn't it the last evacution where Mississippi decided to close the I-10 to evacuating Louisiana residents, but wanted to send their residents west into Louisiana so that they could evacuate north on I-59. Please.

End the end everybody failed. Your point?

No one piled or berated you. You ask for something credible. We gave you the experience from living through this crap, but no you come off as if you know better.

Where are you from? Please don't say Baton Rouge or the Northshore.

Last edited by WestbankNOLA; 07-24-2011 at 12:15 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 11:43 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,449,641 times
You go ahead West bank, I remember one time a huricane was heading for the gulf coast and me and a St Benard co worker were talking about when we would evacuate(my co-worker evacuated for Katrina with his family, took 15 feet of water, had flood ins and now lives in Kiln miss)when another machinist chimed in sayed sarcasticaly, I never evacuate, I said where you live, he said ah north of hattisburg, tried fileing a grivenance saying I threatened him. I said I didn't threaten him but I would whip his azz if he didn't shut the %%%%%%.

Kinda the same additude selogic seems to have.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-24-2011 at 02:04 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
You go ahead West bank, I remember one time a huricane was heading for the gulf coast and me and a St Benard co worker were talking about when we would evacuate(my co-worker evacuated for Katrina with his family, took 15 feet of water, had flood ins and now lives in Kiln miss)when another machinist chimed in sayed sarcasticaly, I never evacuate, I said where you live, he said ah north of hattisburg, tried fileing a grivenance saying I threatened him. I said I didn't threaten him but I would whip his azz if he didn't shut the fluck up.

Kinda the same additude selogic seems to have.
It's funny that they seem to always know what's best for us and what our problems are without ever having a clue about the city. I will never understand it. People criticize, antagonize, and **** all over the Southshore all day long, but the second we stand up or open our mouths we're labeled as those "crazy, violent, ignorant people from that cesspool of a city".

Old 07-24-2011, 01:01 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,449,641 times
I feel your vibe westbank, i really luv it when the lakerunners come down here with the holyier than thou additude to find work cause they can't find any work where they live that pays more than say 10 dollars an hourthen spend there time complaining how screwed up the southshore is.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:19 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,400,178 times
I really like you guys... this thread is full of awesome.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:46 PM

810 posts, read 674,384 times
Wow , defending Nagin and Blanco is par for the course here . Whatever makes you feel better . And I am not from BR or the northshore . You people assume WAY too much . I lived with relatives for about 8 years . Off of Esplanade . Verna St. Used to walk down to the end of the street where you could see the Fairgrounds horse track through the chain link fence . But I digress ...

Anyway , I asked for credible facts and some of you think that speculation , personal opinion , and a couple of " it happened to me " stories are supposed to tell the whole story . It doesn't . But I'm sure you'll keep up the insults and accusations anyway . Sticks and stones , folks .

Old 07-24-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
Wow , defending Nagin and Blanco is par for the course here . Whatever makes you feel better . And I am not from BR or the northshore . You people assume WAY too much . I lived with relatives for about 8 years . Off of Esplanade . Verna St. Used to walk down to the end of the street where you could see the Fairgrounds horse track through the chain link fence . But I digress ...

Anyway , I asked for credible facts and some of you think that speculation , personal opinion , and a couple of " it happened to me " stories are supposed to tell the whole story . It doesn't . But I'm sure you'll keep up the insults and accusations anyway . Sticks and stones , folks .
Unless you can point out where Nagin and Blanco were defended and where it was assumed that you were from Baton Rouge or the Northshore... there's no point in even continuting this discussion because you're just pushing buttons then playing victim.

Experience, not opinion, but true life experience will always trump documentation regardless at the end of the day. Nothing that has been said in this post can't be backed up by taking a quick search through the Time-Picayune website or many other media outlets. Credible enough for you? Probably not. You asked for everything that you recieved in this post, so eat your words or leave it alone. Insults and accusations my%%%.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-24-2011 at 02:03 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 02:03 PM

19,866 posts, read 58,569,189 times
thread is too heated. closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or