Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 05:54 PM

358 posts, read 1,070,420 times

Advertisements

I'm traveling to New Orleans next week with my family. I'd like to find an affordable, family friendly hotel with continental breakfast that is close to either the Audubon Zoo or the Aquarium of the Americas. No more than $150 per night as we will need either 2 rooms or a large suite - preferred.

Thanks friends-----looking forward to your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 05:24 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,225,601 times
Try the Park View Bed & Breakfast on St Charles. It's right on the streetcar line, next to the beautiful Audubon Park.

The B&B itself is very tired-looking inside (as are most of the old B&B buildings there), with old antique furniture. But they do serve continental breakfast, and there is always on the premises to let you in past hotel hours. Peaceful. Do not remember what all type of rooms are available, but I believe they have a website.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:40 PM

310 posts, read 851,016 times
There aren't any big hotels near the zoo, but there are numerous within an okay walking distance to the aquarium. Check Hilton New Orleans Riverside and the Doubletree. Windsor Court, Harrahs, W, and Loews are close by also, but not sure how they'd fare on price.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:44 PM

67 posts, read 171,299 times
Try The Ambassador hotel on Tchoupitoulas. I have not stayed there but considered it, the price is right. Don't know about breakfast but considering the per night price you can afford a good, inexpensive breakfast at M's a block away toward the river. I work across the street. It's a nice safe area.
Edited to add the reviews are mostly awful, but if you're not spending much time in the room (which was my plan) I'd still consider it. Also, some of the hotels friends and family of mine stayed in got great to terrible reviews. You just never know. We stayed at the Plaza Suites, which is great, but a bit expensive.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:47 PM

129 posts, read 359,971 times
The Drury Inn offers a really good breakfast for free. They also have cheaper parking than most, and reasonable rates. It's probably about eight blocks from the aquarium, and I think the streetcar will take you to the zoo. Hotel rates are generally cheaper in the summer. I pricelined a four star room and got the Marriott on Canal for $70/ night on the weekend in August.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:26 PM

152 posts, read 477,577 times
Opposite sides of town kinda. There is a ferry isn't there? Id just get a room downtown and take that or the street car to the zoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans