U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 07:31 PM

14,363 posts, read 20,805,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Here it is only one month from Mardi Gras, and some friends of mine just took advantage of cheap airfares to go to Mardi Gras. . . and still no room booked! I have tried to tell them that they need to get on the stick with it, but they're dragging their feet for their own reasons. I'm not saying anymore. NOT a destination for spur-of-the-moment plans.
I'd be surprised if you find a room or rooms now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 12:04 PM

26 posts, read 129,698 times
Definitely venture out of the Quarter for some of the parades if you get a chance. We set up in front of the Avenue Pub on St. Charles last year and it was great. You really see more of a community side to the revelry-kids on the ladders, whole families barbecuing next to the street, and so on.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:16 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,063,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post

To the OP... the quarter is one of the open container zones.... i.e. you can drink openly in the street. Any more questions? As you can see, locals know a thing or two about how to enjoy one's self at MG.
One? Zones?
All of Orleans Parish is like that

And I never ever ever go to the Quarter for Mardi Gras.
I stay Uptown on the Ave.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:00 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,390,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
One? Zones?
All of Orleans Parish is like that
Pretty sure you're mistaken here.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:10 AM

422 posts, read 1,294,304 times
so we are headed to NO for mardi gras...woohoo..
it's our very first trip to NO...some people have been warning us of the "dangers" of getting mugged, pickpocketed, murdered(!) etc. we've also been told that we shld avoid venturing out of the quarter especially at dark (apparently, Rampant St is the road separating the good and evil and we are staying just a block away from that demarcation...LOL)
we don't wish to be paranoid but are there really some less safe areas to be avoided? we are taking the RTA bus and stopping somewhere on tulane ave and then we'll be walking & dragging our suitcases towards the quarter to some place on O Keefe Ave.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:06 AM

19,866 posts, read 58,428,652 times
Hope you're arriving before dark. Honestly, if it's after dark I would take a cab from there to the hotel. You're going to be tired and that means not as alert as you should be.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:06 AM

our flight should arrive before 4pm. so i figured we should still make it by dark on bus. but if it's really too late, we might catch a cab? would you know how much is cab fare from airport to french quarter?

Old 02-10-2012, 11:16 AM

15,849 posts, read 31,422,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
Hi guys, I was hoping to find some advice on visiting NOLA during Mardi Gras 2012 - we were planning on coming up the friday and staying until fat tuesday. The plan was to have come down for a friend's bachelor party - I heard that the weekend before fat tuesday would fit the bill. Anyone have any good advice on where to stay and which nights are a good time on bourbon?
Have all the girls buy one of these Women stand to pee | The pStyle Trust me, urinating becomes a major issue during Mardi Gras.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-10-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Have all the girls buy one of these Women stand to pee | The pStyle Trust me, urinating becomes a major issue during Mardi Gras.

20yrsinBranson
looks like i should wear adult diapers huh?!!

Old 02-10-2012, 01:19 PM

19,866 posts, read 58,428,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatturkey View Post
our flight should arrive before 4pm. so i figured we should still make it by dark on bus. but if it's really too late, we might catch a cab? would you know how much is cab fare from airport to french quarter?
No clue but expensive. Better to take the shuttle bus to the hotel, in the ground level of the terminal, goes to all the hotels. May take a while but cheaper than a cab and less dangerous than walking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans