U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,035 times

Advertisements

2/17 Johnny Sketch & the Dirty Notes at the Blue Nile 10pm

2/18 Big Sam's Funky Nation at the Blue Nile 10pm

2/19 FISHBONE w/ Special Guests at the Blue Nile! 532 Frenchmen Street Sunday, February 19th | Show starts after parades around 10PM

Fishbone w/ Special Guests + Khris Royal & Dark Matter featuring Corey Glover

Advance tickets available. [url=http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2911481319/eorg]FISHBONE plus Khris Royal & Dark Matter feat. Corey Glover - Eventbrite[/url]

Celebrate Fishbone! Anniversary Video: 25 Years and Still Redhot!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RvBsN2ydg8]Celebrate Fishbone! Anniversary Video: 25 Years and Still Redhot! - YouTube[/url]

For more information contact us:
Hypersoul, LLC
229 N. Genois St. NOLA, 70119 | 504.301.4600 |info@h-soul.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 02:13 PM

358 posts, read 617,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatturkey View Post
our flight should arrive before 4pm. so i figured we should still make it by dark on bus. but if it's really too late, we might catch a cab? would you know how much is cab fare from airport to french quarter?
At 6 in the evening you're not going to have a problem. Just have a sense of your surroundings and carry yourself as such. You may see some interesting characters in that area but you aren't in any danger. At midnight that might be a different story.

Having said that....yeah a shuttle or cab is the way to go if you have some extra cash.

About Rampart...yes the Rampart area gets fairly spooky around midnight and progressively moreso as you get into the wee hours. And yeah Burgundy and Dumaine aren't great when it gets very late but, again, have your senses about you and you will be fine. Me personally I try to do my partying closer to the evening hours so that I miss the late night characters.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:16 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,991,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatturkey View Post
so we are headed to NO for mardi gras...woohoo..
it's our very first trip to NO...some people have been warning us of the "dangers" of getting mugged, pickpocketed, murdered(!) etc. we've also been told that we shld avoid venturing out of the quarter especially at dark (apparently, Rampant St is the road separating the good and evil and we are staying just a block away from that demarcation...LOL)
we don't wish to be paranoid but are there really some less safe areas to be avoided? we are taking the RTA bus and stopping somewhere on tulane ave and then we'll be walking & dragging our suitcases towards the quarter to some place on O Keefe Ave.
If you're coming in during the week, then the airport bus will take you all the way downtown for only $2.00.

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-orleans/1469204-why-doesnt-new-orleans-have-proper.html#post22499933

Old 02-10-2012, 03:22 PM

422 posts, read 1,293,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburnett View Post
If you're coming in during the week, then the airport bus will take you all the way downtown for only $2.00.

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-o...l#post22499933
hey thanks. i'm arriving on a weekend so i think the bus only goes as far as tulane. i actually need to take a bus from the airport and then change to another bus. i might just take a cab from the intermediate bus stop for convenience/safety and save some money too.

Old 02-12-2012, 06:10 PM

3 posts, read 28,961 times
We are also coming to mardi gras in New Orleans for the first time. We're going to 2 balls but I think we may not be interested in partying on the nights between the balls--could/should we get out of the Quarter for a nice dinner? If so, where? Or will all the good restaurants be booked?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:13 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,855,111 times
About 20 buses are coming from Atlanta on Saturday morning

Old 02-17-2012, 12:15 AM

310 posts, read 773,503 times
Hope everyone has a great time, but please remember (or look up) parade etiquette! Showing up at the last minute and shoving in front of a group of people who have been standing in a spot for hours expecting us to be "nice New Orleans people" is one big social faux pas. We will not be nice to you, guaranteed.

Also, grabbing throws from a 5 year old will get you run from the surrounding 3-4 blocks by several people.

It wasn't busy tonight but dang were tourists rude! Don't be those people, please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans