Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 10:43 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,947,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
Ya think lol

busta

To the OP... the quarter is one of the open container zones.... i.e. you can drink openly in the street. Any more questions? As you can see, locals know a thing or two about how to enjoy one's self at MG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 11:18 AM

94 posts, read 220,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
If you can afford a room on Bourbon St with a balcony it is well worth the money. I get one at The Inn on Bourbon and love the view from above and you will never catch me in the crowd. And if you have lots of beads you can see lots of boobs.

Some words of advice. Just because the ladies are showing boobs doesn't mean you can show your wang. And don't even think of peeing in public or smoking weed, unless you want to spend the weekend in jail. During Mardi Gras if you get locked up you won't get out until the Wednesday after Fat Tuesday if you're lucky to even see a judge by then.

Also if you see someone with what looks like a pull chain for a fan around their neck. Don't even think of messing with them and if they tell you to move, you better move. That's our finest, the men in blue and that chain has a badge attached to it inside their shirt.

And also watch out for the police on horses because they are trained to bite you to move you out of the way.

Guess what I'm trying to say is don't come down here and act a fool because you will most likely be made a fool of.

busta
A weekend in OPP will definitely ruin Mardi Gras. It can easily take 4-5 days to see a judge and get bail, during any holiday.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:09 AM

224 posts, read 527,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosenola View Post
A weekend in OPP will definitely ruin Mardi Gras. It can easily take 4-5 days to see a judge and get bail, during any holiday.
How strict are the cops if you're walking around in a crowd full of rowdy drunk people? I guess they must let a lot go - as long as you're not fighting, causing a mess?

Old 10-06-2011, 01:38 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
They are fairly lenient but don't think they won't arrest you.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 AM

94 posts, read 220,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
How strict are the cops if you're walking around in a crowd full of rowdy drunk people? I guess they must let a lot go - as long as you're not fighting, causing a mess?
You really have to make yourself stick out of the crowd to get arrested or do something stupid right in front of a cop (****, smoke weed, fight, expose yourself, etc.). You can get away with anything, if in the right place at the right time. Have fun!!

Old 10-07-2011, 06:14 PM

307 posts, read 802,898 times
Man...I'm already excited lol.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:33 PM

224 posts, read 527,791 times
How do people get their booze, just walk around with a backpack or can you buy drinks on the streets....or dare venture into a bar?

Old 01-17-2012, 06:23 PM

310 posts, read 854,823 times
It's legal to walk around with your drink - it just technically has to be in plastic "go cup." This is often overlooked during Carnival as long as it's not a glass container. If anyone cares to correct you, the worst that might happen is you're told to find a plastic cup to put it in. You can buy and take a drink out of anywhere that's selling them. Buy your beers at a grocery or convenience store, pour them into a cup, and stroll.

ETA: Lots of places won't let you bring outside drinks in, so don't expect to drink the grocery store beer inside a bar on Bourbon.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:54 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Here it is only one month from Mardi Gras, and some friends of mine just took advantage of cheap airfares to go to Mardi Gras. . . and still no room booked! I have tried to tell them that they need to get on the stick with it, but they're dragging their feet for their own reasons. I'm not saying anymore. NOT a destination for spur-of-the-moment plans.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:40 PM

1,127 posts, read 5,009,746 times
One of the cheapest MGs I ever had was the year we made Bloody Marys in two liter coke bottles, (we went heavy on the vodka). Okay they were a bit of a pain in the arse to lug around which motivated us to drink faster than we wanted. Anyways, a backpack probably would have been a good idea, but then we wouldn't have all those stories to tell... Oh and if you go with the Bloody Mary water is also a good idea. It got hot and we had those salty, tomato, spicy drinks and that led to having to hit Walgreens to buy water, which ended up... On second thought perhaps a beer hat with straight vodka would be the thing to go with, although the year of the Bloody Mary ended up being pretty darn awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans