U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-20-2011, 10:00 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, United States
4,230 posts, read 9,386,034 times
Reputation: 1418

Advertisements

Yeah, or check this one out. Google Maps
It doubles as a shopping center and a transit center and from the inside you'd never know that you were in a MTA station. Of course we'd probably have to wrought iron and shutter it to death to get it past the preservation crowd depending on where it was built, which sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-20-2011, 10:14 PM
 
Location: Denver
14,343 posts, read 20,775,930 times
Reputation: 9223
That would be nice facing the river or it would be nice if it was open on both ends so you could walk straight through a store and get to the river. I could see it, just got to see what the owners want.
How do you link like that and make the exact location show up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 10:24 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, United States
4,230 posts, read 9,386,034 times
Reputation: 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
That would be nice facing the river or it would be nice if it was open on both ends so you could walk straight through a store and get to the river. I could see it, just got to see what the owners want.
How do you link like that and make the exact location show up?
There like a little chain icon over to the left of the screen.
I like the walking through to the river part. That would be nice down by the power plant. They would have to get to the river from the second floor or higher to get over the floodwall and railroad tracks though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Denver
14,343 posts, read 20,775,930 times
Reputation: 9223
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
There like a little chain icon over to the left of the screen.
I like the walking through to the river part. That would be nice down by the power plant. They would have to get to the river from the second floor or higher to get over the floodwall and railroad tracks though.
Oh that was easy.

Well I didn't really mean the river, just out on the deck to look at the scenery. I always sit were I have a view in the food court. Probably would do good to have people using both inside and outside. Even a few bars or beer gardens could open to keep it lively at night. Alamo Draft House would work perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 10:39 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, United States
4,230 posts, read 9,386,034 times
Reputation: 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Oh that was easy.

Well I didn't really mean the river, just out on the deck to look at the scenery. I always sit were I have a view in the food court. Probably would do good to have people using both inside and outside. Even a few bars or beer gardens could open to keep it lively at night. Alamo Draft House would work perfect.
Oh, that would be cool. I think the city could use more river views that were available to the general public. I've heard of the Draft House, but I really don't know much about it. Sounds cool from what hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 10:48 PM
 
Location: Denver
14,343 posts, read 20,775,930 times
Reputation: 9223
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Oh, that would be cool. I think the city could use more river views that were available to the general public. I've heard of the Draft House, but I really don't know much about it. Sounds cool from what hear.
So do I, the park is nice but nothing pulls you there to actually do. The Alamo Draft House is a place where you can drink and watch movies, on a large cinema type screen. Would work well somewhere Uptown too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 11:05 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, United States
4,230 posts, read 9,386,034 times
Reputation: 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
So do I, the park is nice but nothing pulls you there to actually do. The Alamo Draft House is a place where you can drink and watch movies, on a large cinema type screen. Would work well somewhere Uptown too.
Basically a cheaper version of the movie theater at Canal Place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 11:08 PM
 
Location: Denver
14,343 posts, read 20,775,930 times
Reputation: 9223
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Basically a cheaper version of the movie theater at Canal Place?
Have no idea. Didn't know there was one there honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2011, 12:52 AM
 
Location: New Orleans, United States
4,230 posts, read 9,386,034 times
Reputation: 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Have no idea. Didn't know there was one there honestly.
Yeah, like all N.O. area movie theaters offer alcohol in some form, but the one at Canal Place offers a full beer and wine menu and a semi-fancy dinner menu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2011, 10:10 AM
 
640 posts, read 1,065,010 times
Reputation: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Oh, that would be cool. I think the city could use more river views that were available to the general public. I've heard of the Draft House, but I really don't know much about it. Sounds cool from what hear.

I think they should tear down the World Trade Center and build a huge traffic circle monument like the Columbus Monument in Barcelona. That way, the city would feel more connected with the river while creating a true "center" of the city.
Actually, I've always thought Las Ramblas in Barcelona is a great model for Canal Street to follow. With a monument down by the water and a big shopping square farther down at Placa Catalunya, New Orleans could do the same thing with the river and then Rampart and Canal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top