U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 07:18 PM

14,343 posts, read 20,775,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconley9922 View Post
There are so many....one is where they were "talking" about redeveloping lincoln beach on the lake in new orleans east......false hopes they sent to us
You can't get angry at every proposal. It's best to assume they will never come to fruition. River Park in Baton Rouge will probably never amount to anything, but I'm not angry about it.

I'm not familiar with the East, was Lincoln Beach in a good area? Would it even be feasible to invest in it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 07:25 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,512,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
You can't get angry at every proposal. It's best to assume they will never come to fruition. River Park in Baton Rouge will probably never amount to anything, but I'm not angry about it.

I'm not familiar with the East, was Lincoln Beach in a good area? Would it even be feasible to invest in it?
There's a lot more rebuilding to do in the East before Lincoln Beach would be a realistic expectation for the area

Old 09-25-2013, 07:34 PM

629 posts, read 809,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
There's a lot more rebuilding to do in the East before Lincoln Beach would be a realistic expectation for the area
Prime real estate on the lake...it couldve been feasible if done right and marketed properly. I'm not particularly mad about every proposal, it'd just be nice to say my city followed through on something they planned..that's why I'm happy to see the medical complex up and getting built....people are working and feeding their fams....that's what I like to see

Old 09-25-2013, 07:36 PM

Meant to tag annie's comment chilly

Old 09-25-2013, 07:51 PM

@ chilly you're right. There was a story on fox 8 last night about fixing up the area around the grand theater in the east and trying to get a mall there....lets see how this goes

Old 09-25-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
That's exactly what I thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sconley9922 View Post
Prime real estate on the lake...it couldve been feasible if done right and marketed properly. I'm not particularly mad about every proposal, it'd just be nice to say my city followed through on something they planned..that's why I'm happy to see the medical complex up and getting built....people are working and feeding their fams....that's what I like to see
Prime? I don't think much land there is considered prime.
New Orleans has probably followed through on more projects and small developments than any other city this decade. You shouldn't be angry at anything, New Orleans is making serious leaps and bounds.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
That's exactly what I thought.

Prime? I don't think much land there is considered prime.
New Orleans has probably followed through on more projects and small developments than any other city this decade. You shouldn't be angry at anything, New Orleans is making serious leaps and bounds.
People love to live and play around the water, so it is a prime area for redevelopment

Old 04-17-2014, 12:24 PM

Where cars rule, Jefferson Parish unveils a plan to encourage bicyclists | NOLA.com

The wide shopping boulevards lined with parking lots and restaurant drive-throughs. The broad drainage canals that discourage pedestrians crossing. The 10-lane superhighway that roars through it all.
These are evidence that Jefferson Parish, a textbook suburb where cars are king and free parking is a shopper's birthright, grew up in the age of the automobile.
That age might be dying, however. If it does, its death certificate might well be the Jefferson Parish Master Bicycle Plan, a 92-page roadmap of ways to transform Metairie, Marrero and points in between into a haven of dedicated bike lanes and greenways, a place where motorists learn to steer clear of cyclists and the newest residents will be born within reach of a helmet.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:52 PM

New Orleans RTA firm unveils $3.5 billion, 30-year transit expansion vision

eolia's concept of interconnected streetcar service Proposal Length Cost On St. Claude Avenue from Press Street to Poland Avenue 2 miles $62 million On St. Claude Avenue from Poland Avenue to Refinery Road 11.9 miles $226.6 million On Elysian Fields Avenue from St. Claude Avenue to Riverfront Line 1.2 miles $37.2 million On Elysian Fields Avenue from St. Claude Avenue to UNO 8.6 miles $266.6 million On South Carrollton Avenue from Canal Street to South Claiborne Avenue 3.6 miles $120 million On Loyola Avenue from Howard Avenue to Convention Center Boulevard and Riverfront Line 4.4 miles $130 million On Poydras Street from South Clairborne Avenue to Loyola Avenue 1.8 miles $62 million
New Orleans RTA firm unveils $3.5 billion, 30-year transit expansion vision | NOLA.com

Old 04-13-2017, 09:15 PM

I just spent 30 minutes looking at the previous post I made LOL.

Anyway, the WTC will FINALLY move forward!
Louisiana Supreme Court refuses World Trade Center lawsuit appeal | NOLA.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or