Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 10:17 AM

372 posts, read 450,104 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about making a thread for this because I was wondering how so much could be going on in the city and nobody was posting about it. From the new airport to the Trade district, WW2 Museum expansions, and south market district. So much excitement. It should be way more active.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 03:28 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
It should be way more active and so should the Baton Rouge forum.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:10 PM

860 posts, read 1,193,819 times
It is pretty cool to see everything that is going on in this city. I never would have predicted it 10 years ago. Seems like every block in the CBD has or recently had construction going on.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:53 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,888,792 times
Well now that the frivolous lawsuit has been rejected, the Four Seasons New Orleans hotel can begin in earnest:
World Trade Center lawsuit dismissed, clearing path for Four Seasons | NOLA.com

Now these are the plans. This will be magnificent!

New Orleans World Trade Center: Four Seasons developer picked as top choice for city lease | NOLA.com

What's the plan?

A 350-room Four Seasons luxury hotel on floors seven through 19, and 76 hotel-serviced condos on floors 21 through 30 to open in December 2017. With room service amenities, the condos will be attractive to buyers looking for a second or third home, according to the developers.

An interactive cultural attraction and observation deck on the 31st and 33rd floors will be curated and narrated by Henry Louis Gates, director of Harvard University's Hutchins Center for African & African American Research. "New Orleans: History at the Confluence of Cultures" will focus on three key aspects: the landscape of oceans, rivers and swamps; the history of migration, slavery and the global economy; and the culture of jazz music, food and Mardi Gras.

Two new buildings on the northeast and southeast corners of the tower. The northeast building will house a ballroom, meeting rooms and a restaurant. The southeast building will have 225 parking spots, mostly for residents. The buildings will extend over the streetcar and railroad tracks.

An urban park at the corner of Canal Street and Convention Center Boulevard and two public courtyards.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:11 PM

An observation deck is LONG overdue in New Orleans. Maybe this will bring new tenants to the Riverwalk as well.

Yeah it's crazy too see all the development but sad to see no new jobs are being created for the people who live here.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
An observation deck is LONG overdue in New Orleans. Maybe this will bring new tenants to the Riverwalk as well.

Yeah it's crazy too see all the development but sad to see no new jobs are being created for the people who live here.
I agree. I miss the old observation deck, was great for getting drinks and a view!

What do you think about the proposed African American museum in the Four Seasons?

Old 04-19-2017, 10:20 AM

I'm interested in seeing what the content will be. Anything like public school curriculum history lessons will be disappointing. Especially considering the context of present day America.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
I'm interested in seeing what the content will be. Anything like public school curriculum history lessons will be disappointing. Especially considering the context of present day America.
Henry Louis Gates, director of Harvard University's Hutchins Center for African & African American Research, will be curating the collection.

I suspect that it will be very good. He is the top expert in this field.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Henry Louis Gates, director of Harvard University's Hutchins Center for African & African American Research, will be curating the collection.

I suspect that it will be very good. He is the top expert in this field.
I will have to wait and see to pass judgement but I hope it's depth is something to be appreciated by all backgrounds.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I will have to wait and see to pass judgement but I hope it's depth is something to be appreciated by all backgrounds.
What do you mean? He is African American himself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans