U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 01:22 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,069,375 times

Advertisements

You are trolling hard brent. New Orleans was named the brain gain city of the year by Forbes

New Orleans business: Most improved in 2011 - MarketWatch

I've lived much of my life in Atlanta and you have no room to talk. City with no spirit, no downtown neighborhoods, lukewarm at best professional sports fans, gridlock traffic, unemployment rate higher than New Orleans, crap architecture. Hell when I'm in Atlanta I feel like I am in much more danger from criminals than here. Here its typically confined to bad neighborhoods.

Oh and the Gulf isn't still very warm...

Go away brent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 01:39 PM

1,939 posts, read 4,134,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
You are trolling hard brent. New Orleans was named the brain gain city of the year by Forbes

New Orleans business: Most improved in 2011 - MarketWatch

I've lived much of my life in Atlanta and you have no room to talk. City with no spirit, no downtown neighborhoods, lukewarm at best professional sports fans, gridlock traffic, unemployment rate higher than New Orleans, crap architecture. Hell when I'm in Atlanta I feel like I am in much more danger from criminals than here. Here its typically confined to bad neighborhoods.

Oh and the Gulf isn't still very warm...

Go away brent.
Your are delusional..........The criminals came from NO after Katrina and have not left, they have multiplied........

Old 01-16-2012, 01:44 PM

2,200 posts, read 3,932,065 times
lol at someone from Atlanta making fun of New Orleans (which btw, Atlanta was extremely dangerous in 2004 when I went there... you really have no room to talk there)

Please take your waste of a city out of this country. We'd be better off.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
lol at someone from Atlanta making fun of New Orleans (which btw, Atlanta was extremely dangerous in 2004 when I went there... you really have no room to talk there)

Please take your waste of a city out of this country. We'd be better off.
What an immature and ridiculous statement. Atlanta is far more important than NO.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:53 PM

14,432 posts, read 20,917,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
What an immature and ridiculous statement. Atlanta is far more important than NO.
Then go back to you forum shawty.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Then go back to you forum shawty.
Shawty, you are always trolling Atlanta's........

Old 01-16-2012, 04:54 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,069,375 times
Look dude, I've lived in Atlanta for 20+ years.

Atlanta is NOT more important to the country than New Orleans. That is beyond stupid.
Atlanta is a transport hub (companies in Atlanta could easily operate out of other locations if needed).

New Orleans has one of the busiest ports in the world, is the hub for the intake of gas/oil into the United States (or don't you remember gas disappearing from Atlanta after Katrina and Gustav), New Orleans controls the mouth of the river to the interior of the nation.

Something happening to New Orleans would cripple (and did) the nation. If Atlanta was blown away at most it would hurt airlines but other companies could switch their service based industry to other cities.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:10 PM

2,200 posts, read 3,932,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
Look dude, I've lived in Atlanta for 20+ years.

Atlanta is NOT more important to the country than New Orleans. That is beyond stupid.
Atlanta is a transport hub (companies in Atlanta could easily operate out of other locations if needed).

New Orleans has one of the busiest ports in the world, is the hub for the intake of gas/oil into the United States (or don't you remember gas disappearing from Atlanta after Katrina and Gustav), New Orleans controls the mouth of the river to the interior of the nation.

Something happening to New Orleans would cripple (and did) the nation. If Atlanta was blown away at most it would hurt airlines but other companies could switch their service based industry to other cities.
Agree. The only things besides airlines that I can think Atlanta is useful for is Coke and CNN... and it's not like those aren't produced elsewhere at all.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:11 PM

2,192 posts, read 6,431,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChappyWhiteGuy View Post
It's usually about drugs. The tourists create a larger than normal demand for drugs, and never ending turf war to supply those drugs. Legalizing drugs is the only thing that will bring down the murder rate in NOLA. 300 more cops won't do a thing.

Put the blame where it belongs, on the locals, not the tourist.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:26 PM

89 posts, read 196,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
Put the blame where it belongs, on the locals, not the tourist.
Who blamed the tourist? They come to New Orleans to party, and the locals help them party. When there is a dispute amongst the locals, they resort to killing. That's what all the crime is about. This is basic stuff. I'm surprised any adult would have trouble absorbing this.

It's not about blame. It just is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans