Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2012, 11:01 AM

224 posts, read 527,626 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

How will the vibe be in NOLA during the 2013 Super Bowl (Feb 3) since Mardi Gras is Feb 12, just one week before? Will the Mardi Gras festivities collide with the Super Bowl? Which weekend will be busier?? I'm guessing the SB will amp up Mardi Gras - if that's even possible!!

I dunno guys - am I way off base here, or is this something to consider? I'm thinking I should plan a trip down to NOLA for the big game as it seems like like you're getting two major events for the price of one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 11:23 AM

177 posts, read 792,678 times
The bulk of parades for a typical Mardi Gras start on Friday night of one weekend, takes off Monday and Tuesday and then goes from Wednesday through the next weekend and into Monday with the Finale being Mardi Gras day on Tuesday. This gives 11 days from the start of parades to Mardi Gras day with a 2 day break (Monday and Tuesday) in the middle.

For the Super Bowl, the parades normally on the 11th, 10th and 9th days before Mardi Gras will be pushed back to the 18th, 17th and 16th days with nothing on the 11th and 10th, Super Bowl on the 9th and then parades picking up again the 6th day before Mardi Gras.

Having said that, if you want to do parades and the Super Bowl, you'll have to have a few days break somewhere in there. If you don't mind missing the pre-super bowl festivities the week before, it would probably be better to come a day or 2 before the Super Bowl and stay through the following week. If you want pre-super bowl, come the weekend before and stay. Of course, if it rains, anything can happen because parades often change nights to dodge thunderstorms.

As for atmosphere, it's hard to imagine a scenario that would be better anywhere for anything. It will certainly be amped up. If the Saints wind up in the Super Bowl -- fuggettt about it! Mayhem!

Old 05-13-2012, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,788 times
Default Super Bowl

Looking forward to all the action. It is my 40th birthday and I am planning on bringing a good size crew in around Wed Jan 28- Wed Feb 4. Any tips or ideas for a location to throw the actual party????

Old 05-17-2012, 02:05 PM

268 posts, read 743,868 times
You forgot one major player in "the CoLLISION"......Saints fans in NO MOOD!

OH, and not for nuttin, as they say, PERSONALLY, I think the super bowl should
be in New Orleans EVERY YEAR. There is not another city in the world better suited
to host the game. Honolulu got the Pro Bowl and never heard anyone complain about
THAT. You can be out of your seat in the Dome and onto a seat in a good bar or
restaurant in 5 minutes of walking, anywhere you want in the city in 15 mins by cab.
MORE THAN ENOUGH hotels, bars, restaurants, hookers, you name it. It's an insult to
the intelligence of the average fan to do it any other way.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:28 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,882,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfromNO View Post

be in New Orleans EVERY YEAR. There is not another city in the world better suited
to host the game. Honolulu got the Pro Bowl and never heard anyone complain about
restaurant in 5 minutes of walking, anywhere you want in the city in 15 mins by cab.
MORE THAN ENOUGH hotels, bars, restaurants, hookers, you name it. It's an insult to
I agree. However, I think New Orleans should get the Superbowl every 3 years, rotating among Miami and San Diego.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:38 PM

224 posts, read 527,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfromNO View Post

Is it easy to get tickets at the stadium Super Bowl day? I was hoping to head down for the weekend and try to buy tickets at the gate - can you scalp tickets at the stadium?? Some places won't allow it.....anyway I agree NOLA would be the best place to experience a Super Bowl, and I'd love to be there!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
View detailed profiles of: