Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 06:34 PM

69 posts, read 143,360 times

Advertisements

Hello all, looks like a good possibility of a job for my husband in that area. My dillema? My daughter will be a Senior in high school. I have been searching at Greatschools.net and see schools all over and trying to determine what would be a good safe school for her last year. I wouldn't move her, but we have no choice and she is accepting of it as long as we get her in a safe area and she can graduate on time. In looking, I see that some schools are charter? And some have specific requirements to get in? Such as one I saw said she had to have 3 foreign language credits? Specialty Schools? I am really confused now, and fearful because I DO NOT want her held back over a 3rd year of Spanish! ANYONE who has any info that can help would be greatly appreciated. We will have to make the decision on this job VERY soon, and I am basing it on the school... THEN I will look for a place to rent wherever we find a decent school for her! Thanks so much for any help and advice!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 07:38 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,591,515 times
It may be too late to apply for many private or charter schools. They typically test in Jan-Feb. and have sent out letters of acceptance by now. You might find an opening if someone drops out but I would not count on it.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:51 AM

69 posts, read 143,360 times
Thanks for the info. After searching all day and night and looking into what you said, I have come to the conclusion we are not going to move there. It would be WAY too difficult for her and finding a location we would feel safe with 2 teenage girls... I would constantly be worrying! Thanks though for the note!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans