U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 10:31 AM

326 posts, read 861,277 times

Advertisements

Like the title says, I know this is a long shot, but maybe someone will know. In the early 1990s I stayed for a few days in a hotel/inn/b&b (can't remember) either in or near the French Quarter. I can't remember the name of the place, but I'd love to go back if it still exists. What I remember of it was that it was a pretty typical New Orleans style place with a central courtyard. It was painted a kind of pale pink/coral/dusty rose. There were lots of little nooks and crannies and the rooms were all over the place and no two looked alike. I think there might have been two or three separate buildings that were two or three stories tall. The thing that might be the tipoff for someone is that there were a few Abyssinian cats that roamed around. Very friendly cats that would wander in and out of the rooms if the door was open.
I was in college at the time so I'm sure the place must have been a budget or lower priced place.
I wish I could remember more, but like I said, I was in college, it was the French Quarter (or adjacent) and a lot of years have passed since then.

Thanks for reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 12:35 PM

326 posts, read 861,277 times
I managed to Google-Fu myself to an answer. It was the French Quarter Maisonettes at 1130 Chartres St. I can't find anything online now that makes me believe it's still in operation. It is/was next to the Old Ursuline convent and across the street from Soniat House hotel. Maybe I'll book a room there and relieve my time as a penniless college student staying across the street in a wonderful, gracious -if slightly crumbling - old world charmer.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:51 PM

683 posts, read 4,361,941 times
Inn on st Anne?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans