U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-19-2013, 11:02 AM
 
194 posts, read 166,907 times
Reputation: 415

Advertisements

Well my truck was stolen from good old Metairie the other night and when I went on spot crime.com I was amazed to see the increase in theft in my neighborhood compared to just a few months ago. Either the warm weather has people acting up or things are getting worse here in Metairie. I'm seriously thinking of moving to the Northshore. I can't exercise and walk the levee without the illegals leering and hanging out and leaving broken Heineken beer bottles all over the place (they magically disappear when levee police show up). I also notice a LOT of homes for sale in my neighborhood. I think that's another sign things are getting worse and good hardworking people are bailing out of Metairie. Oh and Saturday there was a "bust" at a complex two doors over where four illegals were arrested for selling drugs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-19-2013, 03:56 PM
 
Location: New Orleans
2,311 posts, read 4,437,738 times
Reputation: 1443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali504 View Post
Well my truck was stolen from good old Metairie the other night and when I went on spot crime.com I was amazed to see the increase in theft in my neighborhood compared to just a few months ago. Either the warm weather has people acting up or things are getting worse here in Metairie. I'm seriously thinking of moving to the Northshore. I can't exercise and walk the levee without the illegals leering and hanging out and leaving broken Heineken beer bottles all over the place (they magically disappear when levee police show up). I also notice a LOT of homes for sale in my neighborhood. I think that's another sign things are getting worse and good hardworking people are bailing out of Metairie. Oh and Saturday there was a "bust" at a complex two doors over where four illegals were arrested for selling drugs.
It's a national trend. The poor are increasingly migrating to suburbs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2013, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Metairie, LA
1,087 posts, read 2,020,266 times
Reputation: 1455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali504 View Post
Well my truck was stolen from good old Metairie the other night and when I went on spot crime.com I was amazed to see the increase in theft in my neighborhood compared to just a few months ago. Either the warm weather has people acting up or things are getting worse here in Metairie. I'm seriously thinking of moving to the Northshore. I can't exercise and walk the levee without the illegals leering and hanging out and leaving broken Heineken beer bottles all over the place (they magically disappear when levee police show up). I also notice a LOT of homes for sale in my neighborhood. I think that's another sign things are getting worse and good hardworking people are bailing out of Metairie. Oh and Saturday there was a "bust" at a complex two doors over where four illegals were arrested for selling drugs.
You must have a pretty liberal definition of "Old Metairie". It sounds like you live in Bucktown.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2013, 06:16 PM
 
194 posts, read 166,907 times
Reputation: 415
I must say Jefferson Parish police have been very helpful during this. They told me from the start some *&^% from New Orleans had taken my truck and that they'd recover it (claimed they had a high recovery rate). I got a call later today from a tow company in nola and here's my truck. According to mechanic next door to tow lot this is a common occurrence and he sees it with all makes and models. I'm so over this place. Here's a link to my truck. I couldn't get pic to post. Sorry and no, I don't live in Bucktown.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/99220784@N08/9548878891/

Last edited by Cali504; 08-19-2013 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: link mistake
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2013, 08:06 PM
 
105 posts, read 214,682 times
Reputation: 104
The Northshore is where it's at jack. Too many weirdos and drunkards on the southshore anyway.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2013, 10:55 PM
 
Location: Denver
14,571 posts, read 21,161,131 times
Reputation: 9539
Northshore is probably better for you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2013, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Metairie, LA
1,087 posts, read 2,020,266 times
Reputation: 1455
Metairie is a large section of town with good and bad areas. Just like Orleans Parish , the Northshore or any other city in the country for that matter.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2013, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Sandy Springs (ATL)
1,890 posts, read 2,555,881 times
Reputation: 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali504 View Post
I must say Jefferson Parish police have been very helpful during this. They told me from the start some *&^% from New Orleans had taken my truck and that they'd recover it (claimed they had a high recovery rate). I got a call later today from a tow company in nola and here's my truck. According to mechanic next door to tow lot this is a common occurrence and he sees it with all makes and models. I'm so over this place. Here's a link to my truck. I couldn't get pic to post. Sorry and no, I don't live in Bucktown.


IMAG0177 (1) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I really hate that this was a recent experience of yours. Truly. But I must say, its kind of ridiculous to label an entire city based on an isolated event. The fact that "Tommy Tucker" agrees with you should let you know how off base your generalization is.

In no way do I intend to be insensitive towards the theft of your vehicle. But in all fairness, you could move to the Northshore or any other perceived "safe" area of the country and I promise you, the same things happen in all those places.

Bad things happens everywhere man...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2013, 10:44 AM
 
194 posts, read 166,907 times
Reputation: 415
@Chilly Gentilly, thanks for assuming I know Tommy Tucker's background here on citydata when I've only been on the board 2 days.

I've lived in Metairie for 3 years and it's getting worse each year.
Thanks to those that have offered advice. I appreciate it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2013, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Sandy Springs (ATL)
1,890 posts, read 2,555,881 times
Reputation: 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali504 View Post
@Chilly Gentilly, thanks for assuming I know Tommy Tucker's background here on citydata when I've only been on the board 2 days.

I've lived in Metairie for 3 years and it's getting worse each year.
Thanks to those that have offered advice. I appreciate it.
Out of everything I said, you get all pissy about one sentence; the anectdote...oh well. Take care.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top