Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 08:52 PM

105 posts, read 234,696 times

Advertisements

I'm sure we are all having a good chuckle at the New Orleans murder rates aren't we? It's all fun and games until you get shot.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:10 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
It's all fun and games on the northshore, wait no, it's just church and Walmart. Oh and "family values."

Old 09-23-2013, 11:00 AM

3,301 posts, read 11,715,998 times
First off, thank you everyone for your responses. Said friend is off on travel, but when she gets back I'm going to try and help her branch out a bit (if nothing else, I'm visiting her in November so we can do it together).

I'm well aware that New Orleans isn't "Pleasantville" (to borrow someone else's phrase), though neither is Philadelphia or DC for that matter (where I currently live). I wanted to check that my instincts were correct and not completely off-base before pushing her too hard. Moving to a new place alone is scary, no matter where it is!

Old 09-23-2013, 08:26 PM

105 posts, read 234,696 times
do you have a problem with morality, family and areas that embrace God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
It's all fun and games on the northshore, wait no, it's just church and Walmart. Oh and "family values."

Old 09-23-2013, 08:37 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,086,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTucker View Post
Morality and "god"? ...Tommy you are being silly...please stop

Old 09-23-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperbleu View Post
First off, thank you everyone for your responses. Said friend is off on travel, but when she gets back I'm going to try and help her branch out a bit (if nothing else, I'm visiting her in November so we can do it together).

I'm well aware that New Orleans isn't "Pleasantville" (to borrow someone else's phrase), though neither is Philadelphia or DC for that matter (where I currently live). I wanted to check that my instincts were correct and not completely off-base before pushing her too hard. Moving to a new place alone is scary, no matter where it is!
That's why we're here. It is scary moving, but she will be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTucker View Post
I have a problem with bad traffic, close-minded people, people who are shocked when you say you don't attend church (the same kind of people who love the Constitution to death but not the Freedom of religion part), people who think any neighborhood without a gate around it is the ghetto, and people who think anyone different from them is a threat to their livelihood. Most of them think like you.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:44 PM

814 posts, read 1,475,718 times
Yall have some pretty extreme views for both sides of the lake. There are plenty of non-religious people, crime, and poverty on the Northshore. And even quite a few Yats, Catholics, and good food to remind you that you are somewhat near New Orleans. As for New Orleans, don't deal with drugs or wander around bad neighborhoods and your chances of getting shot/murdered are quite low. I think I have heard that there might even be morality, families, and religious people in New Orleans.

Last edited by Jimbo_1; 09-23-2013 at 09:59 PM..

Old 09-23-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo_1 View Post
Yall have some pretty extreme views for both sides of the lake. There are plenty of non-religious people, crime, and poverty on the Northshore. And even quite a few Yats, Catholics, and good food to remind you that you are somewhat near New Orleans. As for New Orleans, don't deal with drugs or wander around bad neighborhoods and your chances of getting shot/murdered are quite low. I think I have heard that there might even be morality, families, and religious people in New Orleans.
Northshore is typical surburbia, which I hate. This guys acts like New Orleans is Detroit or Somalia.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:02 PM

814 posts, read 1,475,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Northshore is typical surburbia, which I hate. This guys acts like New Orleans is Detroit or Somalia.
He is pretty obnoxious but you going to the opposite extreme does not help either.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:29 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
this has run its course and is now closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans