Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:30 PM

80 posts, read 127,750 times

Advertisements

lol @ New Orleans having "gangs". Are you serious? The drug dealers in New Orleans are just that -- drug dealers. Some of them kill, others retaliate and, therefore, kill. A lot of these dudes are petty hustlers and way to caught up in too much BS to ever organize themselves in a manner to designate them as "gangs". There's a very few who have some semblance of "organization" and control some trafficking -- there might be a "kingpin" or two.

New Orleans is a dog-eat-dog environment. A lot people are doing awful. Some got jobs (but the pay can't keep up with the spike in cost-of-living), others have jobs taken away from them. There's a lot disorder and crime is a byproduct of that. A chronically poor educational infrastructure is another major contributor to this problem. That's where you come in. I applaud your efforts, I hope you got the heart to stay with your mission. Patience is a virtue.

If you really concerned about the bad areas of this city, I suggest you move west of this city in Metairie or across the river on the Westbank of Jefferson Parish.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:25 AM

1,127 posts, read 4,993,541 times
Ronald I wouldn't tell the Goose Boys they are not a gang

Old 12-05-2007, 11:12 PM

21 posts, read 78,644 times
what??? no gangs in new orleans??? the bloods are huge in new orleans!

Old 12-07-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouzin View Post
Ronald I wouldn't tell the Goose Boys they are not a gang
They're not.

Grand Disciples is a gang.

Vice Lords is a gang.

Latin Kings is a gang.

MS-13 is a gang.

Bloods & Crips are gangs.

Goose Boys are a small group of random dudes that's together (for now) doing dumb sh*t that's hardly a blip in the headlines.

None of those actual gangs I've list above have any kind of presence in New Orleans. They don't have "turf" in this city, they don't have a history in this city, you don't see their names tagged hardly anywhere in this city -- they aren't here, period. Dudes in this city that wear the red rags are probably doing because they are repping Uptown, or because they its cool because they see Lil' Wayne and Baby wearing the sh*t in Vibe magazine. Moderator cut: just present your ideas, okay?

Last edited by Sam I Am; 12-07-2007 at 06:30 PM..

Old 12-07-2007, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 10,959 times
My fiance lived in NOLA for many years and we are talking very seriously about moving there. I am from Minnesota and granted there are unsavory places everywhere in the country, Honestly, should I be worried about our safety in the post HK atmosphere?

Old 12-08-2007, 09:50 AM

1,127 posts, read 4,993,541 times
Moovy, it would depend on where you lived.

Ronald I still wouldn't tell the Goose Boys they wern't a gang. I've dealt with some of those kids, believe me you wouldn't want to deliver that message in person. Have a nice day.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:31 AM

17 posts, read 146,582 times
It isn't really about "gangs". I have lived here my entire life and never known anyone who has been in a gang. Crime can be random here. It's a drug game, and it used to be and kinda still is a ward thing. There are probably gangs now because of a lot of different people living here now. Dont be alone at night, dont be flashy and dont be nosy. The school thing is really bad. It would be great to have help but you just might hate it. I have had a few teachers that have changed my outlook but some students are not so lucky.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:34 AM

17 posts, read 146,582 times
Also yes, there are bloods here now, but never felt their presence pre-Katrina

Old 01-12-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie0907 View Post
Also yes, there are bloods here now, but never felt their presence pre-Katrina
Where they at if you are so sure?

Old 11-25-2010, 11:26 PM

1,073 posts, read 1,383,751 times
There are no bloods in New Orleans or no other nationally based gangs for that matter. The African American criminal element in the city is rather lethal which has made it a no go zone, historically and currently, for out of state gang elements becoming a presence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans