Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 01:31 PM

595 posts, read 2,338,428 times

Advertisements

This came up in the General US forum. I say yes, between his never being here, his turning over day to day operations of the city to Ed Blakley, attracting no new business here, living part time in Dallas and his new found chocolate city comment and referring to the murder rate as good for keeping the New Orleans "brand" out there...

Someone explain to me how this goon is positive for the city or the state?

Old 01-04-2008, 01:34 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,546,825 times
With me, it's not really up for debate. I like Ray Nagin, period. What I can't understand is if nobody likes him, why did he get a second term?

I wish I could say that most Texans don't like Bush, but that's not true.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:36 PM

Because voters who no longer live here were bussed in from Houston and Atlanta to vote for him after he fear mongered race into the debate with the Chocolate city comments and said if you don't vote you won't have a mayor in New Orleans that looks like you.
That's some pathetic race baiting....and he has done a poor poor job.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:37 PM

Do you have a source with a direct quote of him saying that the murder rate was good?

And what's wrong with him having a home in Dallas? There are evacuees there.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:39 PM

He is MAYOR of the city of NEW ORLEANS. Not Dallas.

Nagin: News of killings keeps "New Orleans brand out there" | News for New Orleans, Louisiana | Top Stories | News for New Orleans, Louisiana | wwltv.com (http://www.wwltv.com/topstories/stories/wwl081007tpbrand.1fb286f1.html - broken link)
He said keeps the New Orleans brand out there.
What an a**

Old 01-04-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampgrrl View Post
He is MAYOR of the city of NEW ORLEANS. Not Dallas.

Nagin: News of killings keeps "New Orleans brand out there" | News for New Orleans, Louisiana | Top Stories | News for New Orleans, Louisiana | wwltv.com (http://www.wwltv.com/topstories/stories/wwl081007tpbrand.1fb286f1.html - broken link)
He said keeps the New Orleans brand out there.
What an a**
He never said the murder rate was good. What he was basically saying is that it reminds the country of the problems still going on in the city. It serves as a reminder that help is still needed.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:55 PM

He didn't say good but he said well on one hand it can be a positive for the city.

Please.

The only leader in this city in a political position is Arnie Fielkow. (And Jim Letten for prosecuting the baddies as fast as he can)

Old 01-04-2008, 02:17 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,446,547 times
Quote:
Because voters who no longer live here were bussed in from Houston and Atlanta to vote for him after he fear mongered race into the debate with the Chocolate city comments and said if you don't vote you won't have a mayor in New Orleans that looks like you.
That's some pathetic race baiting....and he has done a poor poor job.
He (Nagin) also was running against Sen. Mary Landrieu's brother. And Republicans wanted to stick it to the Landrieus by voting for Nagin (who WAS a Republican before he had a political career, by the way).

Old 01-04-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
He didn't say good but he said well on one hand it can be a positive for the city.

Please.

The only leader in this city in a political position is Arnie Fielkow. (And Jim Letten for prosecuting the baddies as fast as he can)
If you say so. But it seems to be that he has the support of the black community.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:37 PM

He does not have the support of much of the black community now in New Orleans. But he did play the race card of look I'm black, these other guys aren't...so if you want this city to stay black re-elect me.

The electorate now is near 50/50 give or take a few percentage pts on race because many people no longer live here so instead of playing the race card NOW like he did in 06, you have to actually run on the issues (at least more than before). The election of Nagin in 06 may have had some white support but many of the Uptown people I know actively campaigned for Mitch Landrieu, not so much because they liked him but because Ray Nagin has been an embarrassment to New Orleans.
He's an ineffective, loser who has not stepped up to the plate when it was needed preferring to hear his own voice and play footsie with the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
View detailed profiles of: