Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 02:29 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,086,131 times

Advertisements

Domino's delivery driver slain in Lower 9th was husband, father of 3 young children | NOLA.com

Its stuff like this that pisses me off BEYOND MEASURE Everyone knows that New Orleans is dangerous in certain areas, but this is ridiculous even for the lower 9. The gang and drug violence is one thing, and while I wish it would lessen, I can stomach two pieces of **** killing each other more than an innocent man being gunned down for 20 ******* DOLLARRRRSS!!!!!! I AM BEYOND DONE. I wish every one of these teenage ****heads with nothing better to do than murder harmless people would drown in oil-spill Gulf water.

Incidents like this convey a message that no one is safe. Which in turn makes me want to buy guns, bats, chains, start a militia and go clean up these damn streets...since our apathetic PD and twisted judicial system can't seem to keep us safe

Stories like this completely diminish why I love living here.

...I'm keeping my family in Jefferson Parish. screw it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 04:33 PM

643 posts, read 978,003 times
I hope they catch whomever did this and torture the mofo for a week straight. What goes through some peoples' head when they're doing acts like this? Its beyond me.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:46 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,183,871 times
Sadly, some cities seem unusually prone to violence. Here in Chicago, a mail carrier was shot 11 times and killed this week just sitting in his vehicle on the west side of the city.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:01 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,086,131 times
Man its just something about this one...and I don't even know the guy. What I do know is that a man left his family for the day, went to work to provide for them and now they will never see him again. AND FOR WHAT?! Because he went to work?! Because some half-brain twit wanted 20 bucks and free pizza??

I swear when I lived in Texas I was a huge opponent of the death penalty, but the assailant(s) in this situation needs to die painfully...and in front of witnesses

Old 03-27-2015, 06:00 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,946,612 times
I used to drive for Domino's. I never felt unsafe doing it... this is the second time this has happened in the last six months. The last one was here in Mid-City. I agree with much of what you said. Killing somebody who's just trying to deliver a pizza and doesn't have much money on him- and pumping multiple bullets into him- is animalistic in the extreme. I have no problem believing this was done by teenagers because they're the only segment of the population who's "grown up" enough to cause harm to others and still completely unaware of the true consequences of their actions.

But yeah, this one hurt.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:37 PM

643 posts, read 978,003 times
Those lil dudes out there in the streets with that BS are cowards bruh...straight up cowards...there's no other way to look at it, and it DOES NOT make them men for taking a life. Pieces of shyt.

Last edited by sconley9922; 03-27-2015 at 09:51 PM..

Old 03-27-2015, 09:27 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,946,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sconley9922 View Post
Those lil dudes out there in the streets with that BS are cowards bruh...straight up cowards...there's no other way to look at it, and it DOES NOT make them a men for taking a life. Pieces of shyt.
No, I agree. I'm sure they were unhappy about any number of things in their life- and they chose to take action by killing a helpless man. No bravery involved.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:37 PM

468 posts, read 583,117 times
So I guess everyone is ready to fight for their 2nd Amendment right to conceal and carry?

Old 03-27-2015, 10:04 PM

167 posts, read 247,056 times
I hear you, it breaks my heart beyond words...

Old 03-27-2015, 11:05 PM

387 posts, read 356,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
So I guess everyone is ready to fight for their 2nd Amendment right to conceal and carry?
So no one who has CC'ed has ever been murdered by another person?? Interesting

Tell that to Chris Kyle/The 2 NYPD officers killed in December and dozens of other examples....CC does help, but it's no guarantee of anything...Plenty of people have carried everytime they left their home and still got murdered/robbed....It's especially difficult when you are facing multiple attackers (which was what likely happened to this poor individual)....CC is no guarantee of anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans