Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 07:08 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,415,891 times

Advertisements

Liability and Full Coverage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 06:45 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,875,598 times
How's your driving record?

Old 09-05-2015, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
How's your driving record?
I had one accident at fault back in October 2012 and another one in October 2014

Old 09-06-2015, 04:46 PM

860 posts, read 1,192,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
I had one accident at fault back in October 2012 and another one in October 2014
I haven't had any at fault accidents in many years. My rates tripled when I moved here, even after trading in a sports car for a hybrid. Since I've been here my car has been hit twice sitting in front of my house overnight. One guy backed into me at the gas station, and I got keyed on my new car yesterday. Big scratch all the way across the back. I see why the rates are so high down here. I love it here, but my advice is buy the cheapest piece of crap you can find with cash, and get liability. It's hard to keep a nice car down here.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norb123 View Post
I haven't had any at fault accidents in many years. My rates tripled when I moved here, even after trading in a sports car for a hybrid. Since I've been here my car has been hit twice sitting in front of my house overnight. One guy backed into me at the gas station, and I got keyed on my new car yesterday. Big scratch all the way across the back. I see why the rates are so high down here. I love it here, but my advice is buy the cheapest piece of crap you can find with cash, and get liability. It's hard to keep a nice car down here.
I hear you. Liability only

Old 09-08-2015, 06:03 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,857,813 times
Yea, people down here are jealous of a new ride, once it gets banged up and dented they'll leave it alone, lol. Everytime I buy a new vehicle it's a 1.000 deaths till it gets banged up enough to drop the full coverage and just go to liability, lol. Course the hurricanes and hail storms have done there fair share of damage, not to mention the crater size pot holes all over the place. Had one drunk run a red light and smash me up pretty good, said he had warrants, no liscense and no insurance so call the cops if nuthen better to do, lol. 5 hours later I walked to the police station, after runnin the guys plates he wasn't jokin, had like 10 dui's, home bularies and warrants, doubt anything was ever done to the guy. Welcome to the big easy, did I mention full size pickup trucks are pretty handy to have and can take on a fair amount of what the city will most cetrtainly throw at it, lol. Oh yea, welcome to the BIG EASY, lol. U notice I laugh a lot and keep a good sense of humor, lol. NO JOKE

Old 09-08-2015, 06:38 PM

860 posts, read 1,192,667 times
95% of the time I love it here, and couldn't imagine being somewhere else. When things like that happen though, it can sure ruin your day.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
Yea, people down here are jealous of a new ride, once it gets banged up and dented they'll leave it alone, lol. Everytime I buy a new vehicle it's a 1.000 deaths till it gets banged up enough to drop the full coverage and just go to liability, lol. Course the hurricanes and hail storms have done there fair share of damage, not to mention the crater size pot holes all over the place. Had one drunk run a red light and smash me up pretty good, said he had warrants, no liscense and no insurance so call the cops if nuthen better to do, lol. 5 hours later I walked to the police station, after runnin the guys plates he wasn't jokin, had like 10 dui's, home bularies and warrants, doubt anything was ever done to the guy. Welcome to the big easy, did I mention full size pickup trucks are pretty handy to have and can take on a fair amount of what the city will most cetrtainly throw at it, lol. Oh yea, welcome to the BIG EASY, lol. U notice I laugh a lot and keep a good sense of humor, lol. NO JOKE
Youre not joking. And I'm glad I have an old Suburban for the way these streets are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
View detailed profiles of: