Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2016, 07:27 PM

660 posts, read 654,647 times

Advertisements

1. How many young people are in Downtown New Orleans?

2. How walkable is Downtown New Orleans?

3. How safe is Downtown? I know New Orleans doesn't have the best reputation.

4. How many computer science opportunities are in New Orleans?

5. How are the sports stadiums from the Mercedes Benz Superdome, Yulman Stadium, Smoothie King Center, and Zephyr Field? Also how passionate are the fans? Do they fill up the stadiums?

6. How does New Orleans compare to Minneapolis and Denver?

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 03:13 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,128,951 times
1. Tons

2. Just as walkable as Manhattan and Chicago's Loop.

3. Downtown in the terms of the Quarter and CBD are overall very safe. The Quarter obviously has lots of property type crimes due to being a tourist neighborhood.

4. Some, with more coming but nowhere near as robust as Austin or Seattle or the Bay area.

5. I don't really understand the first question. The Superdome is old and needs more upgrading but still works fine is is on the NRHP. If they ever tear it down, it'll be the day New Orleans riots. Never been to Yulman. Smoothie King Center is ok I guess, don't know much about NBA arenas myself. Attendance relies on performance, like most others.

6. Never been to either but it's absolutely nothing like Denver and Minny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
View detailed profiles of: