Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 07:13 PM

202 posts, read 183,690 times

Advertisements

Heading there soon. Looking for clean place historic building walking distance restaurants shopping sightseeing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 07:57 PM

7 posts, read 4,776 times
Do not go to the empress hotel. It is outside of the french quater and it is a dump. The name sounds nice but it is not. There is a hotel at the end of Royal and Esplanade (can't think of the name) It is a nice hotel. A little pricey but worth it.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:50 PM

806 posts, read 878,848 times
The Roosevelt , New Orleans

Old 07-10-2016, 10:20 PM

358 posts, read 711,586 times
If on a budget try Country Inn on Magazine. If you have the funds do Omni Royal Orleans all the way.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:31 PM

860 posts, read 1,195,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
Just thought I would mention, the lights they put up for Christmas are pretty awesome. We try to go here every year in December just to walk through the lobby and get in the Christmas spirit. There's a little bar in there too if you want to have a drink.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:17 AM

30 posts, read 51,484 times
Stayed at a Best Western right in the French quarter, very conveniently located to see the sights.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:28 PM

3,902 posts, read 4,554,228 times
Default We stayed here...

Hotel Villa Convento | French Quarter Hotel

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...Louisiana.html

We really liked this place and would return if we get the chance to go back to NOLA.
It's got a lot of character, a little dated, but clean and the staff were really nice.

One thing we really loved was that while in the French Quarter it was a little away from the noisiest areas so we could walk easily to all the places we wanted to visit and also had a great night sleep. It's also near the French street area as well.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:57 PM

2,502 posts, read 4,445,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
Stayed there over the fourth of July weekend. It's an amazing old classic hotel. Also has a great historic bar. Saw a couple of celebs during my stay.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:41 PM

860 posts, read 1,195,307 times
If it's your first trip to the city you should definitely stay in the quarter. The Monteleone would be my suggestion. If you're a return visitor, why not try a place that's off the beaten path? There is a place called the parkview guest house that is on Audubon park that is pretty cool. It's walking distance to Maple st and everything in the Riverbend area, and it's on the streetcar line so you can still do the quarter. There are some pretty nice places in the Bywater and Marigny area also. I spent several years thinking the quarter was the only interesting place in the city when I was younger. I was wrong.

Last edited by norb123; 07-13-2016 at 06:19 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 08:14 PM

5,848 posts, read 6,199,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norb123 View Post
If it's your first trip to the city you should definitely stay in the quarter. The Monteleone would be my suggestion. If you're a return visitor, why not try a place that's off the beaten path? There is a place called the parkview guest house that is on Audubon park that is pretty cool. It's walking distance to Maple st and everything in the Riverbend area, and it's on the streetcar line so you can still do the quarter. There are some pretty nice places in the Bywater and Marigny area also. I spent several years thinking the quarter was the only interesting place in the city when I was younger. I was wrong.
That looks like a great place. I went to Tulane and lived not far from where this Inn is located. When we go to New Orleans, we always stay at The Roosevelt (which we like), but I would love to try and stay Uptown sometime to be on more familiar ground, take a walk in the park etc. My husband is not a fan of small properties or B&B's though, so I might have to do some convincing...that or a Girls Weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
View detailed profiles of: