U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-22-2017, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
12,063 posts, read 12,504,225 times
Reputation: 7232

Advertisements

Well Cindy was kind of a non-event. Locals took advantage of the strong winds to go sailing and canoe along streets. Kids played along the lake and bars remained open even with water.

New Orleans metro area affected by Tropical Storm Cindy, Thursday - Photo Gallery - NOLA.com

Unless it's a Cat 5, New Orleans ain't too worried.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-22-2017, 06:52 PM
 
Location: nola
860 posts, read 1,110,757 times
Reputation: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Well Cindy was kind of a non-event. Locals took advantage of the strong winds to go sailing and canoe along streets. Kids played along the lake and bars remained open even with water.

New Orleans metro area affected by Tropical Storm Cindy, Thursday - Photo Gallery - NOLA.com

Unless it's a Cat 5, New Orleans ain't too worried.
Nice pics. That one with the guy in the bar with his beer and cigarette, as the water rises around his feet made me laugh. Just another day. If you're ever in a scary situation, hope you have some New Orleans people around you. They won't panic, they've seen it all before.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2017, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
12,063 posts, read 12,504,225 times
Reputation: 7232
Quote:
Originally Posted by norb123 View Post
If you're ever in a scary situation, hope you have some New Orleans people around you. They won't panic, they've seen it all before.
Yep, after Katrina they aren't going to be worried about a couple inches of water...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2017, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Metairie, LA
1,097 posts, read 2,197,275 times
Reputation: 1477
A non-event is an understatement. Those photos are all areas far outside of New Orleans.

Lafitte has a low elevation, is not within the levee system, and can easily flood during a normal high tide and south wind. The first 1/2 block of the Mandeville lakefront floods on a regular basis for the same reason.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2017, 08:57 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
12,063 posts, read 12,504,225 times
Reputation: 7232
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburnett View Post
A non-event is an understatement. Those photos are all areas far outside of New Orleans.

Lafitte has a low elevation, is not within the levee system, and can easily flood during a normal high tide and south wind. The first 1/2 block of the Mandeville lakefront floods on a regular basis for the same reason.
Actually there are some New Orleans photos, but the city is high and dry, people exercising, riding streetcars, doing their normal business.

What I hate was the storm was hyped but it shouldn't have been. They should only hype the big storms.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top