Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2018, 09:48 PM

6 posts, read 6,770 times

Advertisements

I am moving with my young kids to the NOLO area to support my daughter and be closer to her. NOLO is not my first choice to live and I am doing it strictly to have my family together.

I am in need of housing, work and a good and safe elementary school. Places to live are Metairie or Tanner but I am mostly interested in the other side of the causeway like Mandeville and Lewisburg as I heard from natives that people are nice and countryside is close.

I am so confused as to how to find a school, get into a school? There seems to be an online sign up for magnet schools that are now closed? Do I have to live in a certain area to go to a specific school? How do I sign up my kids?

How can I find a rental in the Mandeville area?
What is work like in the Mandeville area?
I am thinking about RV'ing for a while at a park to figure things out and get to know areas and employment opportunities better.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Our current location (state) is so easy to find good schools and sign up but it seems so complicated in the NOLO areas.

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 07:17 AM

1,097 posts, read 2,326,947 times
I'm not sure how it's complicated. St. Tammany schools are district based, so it depends purely on your address. The schools in the immediate Mandeville/Madisonville area are the best on the Northshore.

See: St. Tammany Parish Public Schools

2017 Statewide School Performace Scores: https://www.louisianabelieves.com/do...xlsx?sfvrsn=12

Old 06-11-2018, 03:55 PM

307 posts, read 244,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad318 View Post

How can I find a rental in the Mandeville area?
Realtor.com / Facebook (St. Tammany rentals page)

What is work like in the Mandeville area?
like everywhere else

I am thinking about RV'ing for a while at a park to figure things out and get to know areas and employment opportunities better.

That's a great idea. We just sold our house and are currently living full time in an RV till we are ready to move elsewhere. Rent is cheap, and we have a playground and a pool practically in our front yard now, our 4yo loves it!
hope this helps

Old 07-24-2018, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,758 times
Mandeville is a great area to live. My parents moved here back in 1995 and have been here ever since. My wife and I have lived here for the last 4 years and love it. We have three kids (ages 10, 8 & 6) and their schools have been amazing. Public schools are determined by where you live and employment here is fairly similar to anywhere else as mentioned above. Many people live in Mandeville and work in NOLA depending on what industry you work in. Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans